Vaping vs Smoking: The myths, the facts, and the controversies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not offering any judgement just reporting 1st hand comments and observations from business owners in Antonito Colorado where I'm at right now. Town of 1500 people with three legal dispensaries.
There is a help wanted sign at every business. We have been to the grocery, and two restaurants with help wanted signs in the windows.
We asked the folks that waited on our table or checked us out at the grocers and they said since the dispensaries became legal, they can't keep an employee. The owners basically cook, bus tables, wait tables, or check people out at the grocer. Folks come to work, get a paycheck and go away for a week or two then come back looking for another week or two work, then disappear again.
Again not being judgmental, just reporting the facts in my Colorado location. Others may vary.
Sounds like a great place to negotiate a strong salary.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not offering any judgement just reporting 1st hand comments and observations from business owners in Antonito Colorado where I'm at right now. Town of 1500 people with three legal dispensaries.
There is a help wanted sign at every business. We have been to the grocery, and two restaurants with help wanted signs in the windows.
We asked the folks that waited on our table or checked us out at the grocers and they said since the dispensaries became legal, they can't keep an employee. The owners basically cook, bus tables, wait tables, or check people out at the grocer. Folks come to work, get a paycheck and go away for a week or two then come back looking for another week or two work, then disappear again.
Again not being judgmental, just reporting the facts in my Colorado location. Others may vary.

But you have no idea within this snapshot that one instance equals another outside of one anecdote.

Whereas there are others have seen a difference to the positive.... if we are talking pure economics.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/monazh...boon-to-the-economy-finds-study/#478262e9ee9d

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-year/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3d3b7a0fd5eb

https://thinkprogress.org/5-states-...conomic-benefits-study-suggests-cb06831d154b/

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_02BF22AC_091A_4844_B8B6_99929E765076_zpsfovep9n5.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if ya'll realize it, but the oils being sold for the vape/e-cig stuff are generally mixed up by some dude in the back room or a garage somewhere. There is no quality control, no nothing, really. Not that inhaling stuff from Big Tobacco into your lungs is safe or healthy, but most people don't know jack schitt about what they're vaping, either.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if ya'll realize it, but the oils being sold for the vape/e-cig stuff are generally mixed up by some dude in the back room or a garage somewhere. There is no quality control, no nothing, really. Not that inhaling stuff from Big Tobacco into your lungs is safe or healthy, but most people don't know jack schitt about what they're vaping, either.

You'd be shocked to find out how restaurants make their food.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stores were mixing their own juice in the beginning but the FDA shoved regulations at them and now it has to be made in certified labs. I can’t get my two favorite flavors any more. Thanks government agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom