Vatican Priest hosts Drug fueled gay orgy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do t care what church or denomination a church is, if they do this I'm walking! This kind of thing drives people away from the church.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few? Yes, compared to the total set of Catholics in the US, much less around the world. How about a ratio of lawyers involved in corruption, or plumbers convicted of drunk driving, or any other group of people. Because people, in general, have very little self control, it is just too easy to judge some that sins differently than I do.

I'm not talking about lawyers, plumbers, etc. Total catholics isn't the demographic I'm speaking of either, we are talking about the clergy, which is a much smaller group. 2,000 open and admitted cases is a significant number over a few, no matter what way you want to spin it.

If I post about a child molester on this board, people would want to tear him apart. Rightly so. However, if one brings up the history of the catholic church.... "oh well.... a lot of people sin." Why is that?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not supporting any Catholic, but neither am I attacking anyone simply because they are of the same group of some criminal. No, I'm not, nor have I ever been Catholic.

We rant on here about being grouped with those who misuse firearms, the same idea applies to any other group or wrong action. Gee, if you have a problem with Catholics in general, do some personal research and meet a few. The ones I know are all very nice folks.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We rant on here about being grouped with those who misuse firearms, the same idea applies to any other group or wrong action. Gee, if you have a problem with Catholics in general, do some personal research and meet a few. The ones I know are all very nice folks.
He's not ragging on Catholics, he's ragging on Catholic Clergy, who seem to have a disproportionate number of non-Heteros and diddlers amongst their ranks.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not supporting any Catholic, but neither am I attacking anyone simply because they are of the same group of some criminal. No, I'm not, nor have I ever been Catholic.

I know plenty of catholics, that's not the issue here. I'm stating that there has been an issue, and it's been a problem with more than a "few" of their clergy. I have a moral standard of which includes not protecting child molesters in any way, or apologizing for them. Why is relaying the facts, (facts that the vatican relayed btw) attacking them?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ministers to include Bishops, Priests etc. are held to a higher standard than the laymen, just as presidents and congressmen. They set the moral tones for their religion and politics for the country. I wouldn't bash a Catholic nor would I bash a Mormon-but I would condemn the actions of anyone that did what this Rome Bishop and his groupies did. It wrong, immoral and sets a very poor standard of morality for not only Catholics but other religions as well because they too are susceptible and are guilty of the same sin somewhere in the not too distant past.
All manner of sin can be forgiven save one and most of you know what that is without me belaboring the point. Something we all must face at some time is our appointment-"It is appointed unto man once to die and after that the judgement."
So therein lies the crux of all mankind, what are we going to say when we stand before the judge? We'll have no lawyer representing us, no one to speak of our good character and we will be taking an "open book test" and there is no grading on the curve, it will be a pass/fail grade and I hope we all receive a passing grade on that Day.

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know plenty of catholics, that's not the issue here. I'm stating that there has been an issue, and it's been a problem with more than a "few" of their clergy. I have a moral standard of which includes not protecting child molesters in any way, or apologizing for them. Why is relaying the facts, (facts that the vatican relayed btw) attacking them?

We're on the same page. I wasn't reading you properly, and jumped to the incorrect conclusion that you were grouping all of that faith in one bucket. I apologize for that. I was pretty much guilty of what I was accusing you of. Best wishes!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're on the same page. I wasn't reading you properly, and jumped to the incorrect conclusion that you were grouping all of that faith in one bucket. I apologize for that. I was pretty much guilty of what I was accusing you of. Best wishes!

No harm no foul, so no apology needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom