Vechicle carry question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without a permit it has to be visible and unloaded or can be in a visible gun carrying bag if you dont have a trunk like in an SUV?

That was my experience anyways when I first moved here. I was in between permits when I moved states in 03', Iowa to OK. I had had an Iowa permit after having had a CA permit before moving to Iowa from CA several years earlier. I moved here part time for awhile but back then Iowa had a crappy reciprocity agreement with most any state (that has since changed since Ive been here and got my OK CCL), so I didnt re-up my Iowa CCL cause I was just going to be getting my OK permit. The problem was I was still going to be living in all 3 states for quite a few more years tho because of having my businesses there and new home in OK. So I had to carry like that when going to the range or wherever and back for more than a year or so before I finally got around to getting my OK CCL. I was in a wreck and pulled over for speeding a few times within that time in OK and IA but was carrying unconcealed every time.

I was in a car accident one day after I had been to the range where a lady Tboned my car and totalled it. The gun case was just sitting in the back seat with 3 pistols inside it but not visible, several loaded mags were inside it but no mags were in the pistols. I told the cop doing the accident that I had a bag of guns and loaded mags but the guns themselves were not loaded that they were in a carry bag sitting in my back seat and that my wife was on the way in her car, what should I do with the bag. He said it was alright where it was until she got there. He didnt ask to see them, if I had a permit or didnt have a permit, nothing.

I was pulled over for speeding one night really late out here in Wagoner county by a local Coweta city cop before my OK permit came in. I had been down checking on my land, and I always took a pistol with me. It was unloaded in a simple nylon holster with a loaded mag in the holster mag pouch on top but no mag in the gun. I told him when he came up and I was handing him my info that it was there, I had the domelight on, he looked back there and asked if it was loaded and I said no the loaded mag tho was in the mag pouch on top of the holster and he said that that was ok. I explained about having my Iowa permit but had let it go and was waiting to do my OK CC when I had the time to and since I didnt have a trunk, blahblahblah, guess I was rambling because he stopped me and said that I was good carrying like that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom