Vehicle holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say, don't waste money on a holster for a car, just take the time to safely practice presenting the weapon from numerous positions in your car. Get the feel of presenting your weapon, pointing out the front windshield and side windows. Get brave enough and shoot out the side windows at targets.

If you're going to buy something for a car, make it a lock box for them pesky places you can't bring your gun... Or not... :)

Edit.... And why only 99% of the time... It'll be that 1% when you need it and don't have it.

Other things to consider is clothing and other gear... Are you wearing a jacket? Do you need to unzip that jacket to get be able to get to your gun. Are you wearing gloves? Should you drive without gloves so you can get to your gun. Do you have a knife? Is it in an ideal position to get to it if you get trapped and need to cut your seatbelt, etc. Do you have a tourniquet? Is it in an ideal place for you to get to if you need to self aid and have you tried to apply one on yourself and is it prepped correctly for one hand applications. Do you have an IFAK? Is it in an ideal place to get to if you need to stop massive extremity hemorrhage. Do you know how to use the items inside of it?

Then think about all the above and train yourself.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have a pocket in the door, pretty much any clip-on belt holster should work (I'd hang it inside the pocket rather than outside).
D

That’s what I do. Mention’d this in another thread.
Gun comes from the waist band and goes into the map pocket door. Easy to access from within the vehicle and faster to bring to bear than wrestling from the waist band while sitting.

814b0c55c1153ddd3d300dc316f3f698.jpg

Alchase

New to the site!
Reaction score
I use my old Crossbreed that had a busted hook and has been replaced.

I cut off the unneeded backing and mounted it on the side of my center console.

I use it only while I am in the vehicle. I also have a lock box under my seat for those times I have to leave my weapon in the vehicle.

I also have a couple of the Springfield holsters that come with the XD. I have mounted in strategic locations in the house.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use my old Crossbreed that had a busted hook and has been replaced.

I cut off the unneeded backing and mounted it on the side of my center console.

I use it only while I am in the vehicle. I also have a lock box under my seat for those times I have to leave my weapon in the vehicle.

I also have a couple of the Springfield holsters that come with the XD. I have mounted in strategic locations in the house.

Those are really cheesy aren't they?

Latest posts

Top Bottom