Venue for birthday party suggestions - downtown OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I'll distract a few from the peanut gallery discussion and all those memes for just a few minutes. Apologies for the OPs of those threads!!

My wife is turning 60 in January and I'd like to find a place to have a celebration. Preferred location would be downtown OKC area or further South. Edmond has some nice offerings but too far for most of the attendees to drive.

Need a place that will accommodate 20-30 people serving beverages and food. Likely going to be at a hotel with a restaurant/bar since we aren't going with a sit down dinner.

Currently looking at the OKC Tap House which is part of the Omni hotel by scissortail park. They have a private room that'll hold 20 plus a 'landing area' just outside of the room where people could stand and talk but not have chairs. Date and times are TBD right now but it'd be a Saturday for 3-4 hours.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep anything in the Omni is high class and it's a great venue. Parking could be an issue since I believe you can either valet for $ or park in the nearby convention center lots and pay $.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Embassy Suites has a gorgeous area our Campus uses for awards banquets. 8th & Lincoln ish area.

Also, The Faculty House on Campus is Campus run and owned. Not sure about drinks though, we have never drank there as it's on the clock stuff. David treats us like royalty too. Just North of OU Med around 14th and Lincoln.
https://ouhsc.edu/facultyhouse/Private-Events/Overview

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Embassy Suites has a gorgeous area our Campus uses for awards banquets. 8th & Lincoln ish area.

Also, The Faculty House on Campus is Campus run and owned. Not sure about drinks though, we have never drank there as it's on the clock stuff. David treats us like royalty too. Just North of OU Med around 14th and Lincoln.
https://ouhsc.edu/facultyhouse/Private-Events/Overview
I'll take a look at Embassy Suites - appreciate the suggestion.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Broadway 10 has a private room. It’s a high priced place but they have great steaks and sushi. Makes for an interesting mix.

Red Prime also has an upstairs room that would probably accommodate 20.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Broadway 10 has a private room. It’s a high priced place but they have great steaks and sushi. Makes for an interesting mix.

Red Prime also has an upstairs room that would probably accommodate 20.
the sushi an b10 is *great* and it's reasonably priced. i've told many a date "hey how about sushi?" and then look at their confusion when we rolled into a steakhouse lol.

i sat next to kobe and kd there one night.

and they have great art :)

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might look into the Okc Museum of Art. Has restaurant and there's parking lots around it, or the Arts District Parking garage. Or let people take the trolley to it. Might be kinda interesting.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Might look into the Okc Museum of Art. Has restaurant and there's parking lots around it, or the Arts District Parking garage. Or let people take the trolley to it. Might be kinda interesting.
actually the art museum restaurant is gone. it's just a gift shop and a glorified coffee bar now. i don't think they have a full food menu sadly, because the food was awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom