Versalift anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We didn’t put up a tree this year. It was nice not having to deal with it.
Our kids are 10 & 15 and know th reason for the season. When my wife asked their opinion about not putting up the tree, they didn’t care. As long as they still got presents.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed a Harbor freight Electric Hoist at the camshaft shop to lift the heavy camshafts up onto the grinder.
Attached it overhead to a long piece of Unistrut.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1300-lb-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-62853.html
A friend of mine built his second barndominium and he has a 4 foot wide steel staircase that gets him from the interior shop floor to the top of the flat roof.

It is hinged on the roof and the thing can be raised and out of the way with the same harbor freight electric hoist.
This is not rocket science.

You ever fished the wall at a dam like Eufaulla.
Lower your basket on a rope and haul your fish up.
This post reminds me of doing that.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wouldn't do me much good unless I could go up and down with the load.

Woody
Well then you would have to get OSHA involved and then there would have to be permits pulled, inspections, mechanical engineering, conservationists, domestic psychological evaluations, acts of congress, and probably a news crew.... No thanks! :rollingla

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Harbor Freight and bought a #400 electric winch. will do #800 if you use the doubler pulley. Just make or find a basket to hook to the cable. I even made a seat so I could lift myself into the attic. I used a 1" pipe that ran over the top of four rafters to distribute the load. Mount the winch to the pipe and Bob's your uncle.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are quite overpriced for what they are though

That may be so but at 58 years old, it is cheaper than a trip to the ER when you take a spill climbing up and down those attic stairs with totes, etc.
Isn't that what we had kids for???? At the farm, I'm into just pointing and enjoying the work of the youngerins....

Latest posts

Top Bottom