Vertical Barrel Smokers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actual photo of my back porch. Holds at a steady 215*. Top drawer has a rack for the meat. Middle drawer has a stainless bowl for liquids. Bottom drawer has a stainless steel colander for the lump charcoal and smoking chips. When it has cooled off, just dump the colander and it's ready to go again......no messy cleanup required! I think I have $10 invested in the whole thing. Found the filing cabinet on 'big trash day'.
That's some ingenuity right there. And in the right price range.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up an Oklahoma Joe's Bronco about a year ago and love it. Holds temp like nothing I've previously had. Will be doing the turkey in it this year.
This. I've used most every kind over the years and settled on this one. Superb baby backs! I cooked a 20 lb turkey last week for church that was raved over. Ham and bologna tomorrow and turkey on turkey day. Never cooked a brisket cause I don't like brisket but great pork shoulder.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How hard is it to maintain temp? I really like this model.
Not at all. I usually let it get up to temp, then go do what I need with my meat or whatever. Then go back and put it on. The first about 10 -15 minutes it fluctuate about 3 to 7 degrees either way. I noticed that its more up than down. I love it and use it a lot.

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone use a vertical barrel smoker? Been thinking about getting one. I know a guy that has one of these but just curious if anyone else uses one or something similar. Kind of getting tired of the ol Traeger. Don’t get me wrong, the traeger is easy to use and I cook some delicious brisket and ribs and plenty of other things. Sometimes just need a change…

https://www.hunsakersmokers.com/
Yes PHG I have a bit of experience with a Oklahoma Joes Bandero Vertical. I've had it for more than a year now and have used it to prepare Whole Hams, Pork Ribs and Smoked Pork sausage (home made) for a Keto diet I've been following. I've also had a Texas hunter Charcoal / with an added smoker box Grill that I liked but when it need to be replaced I couldn't locate them. I've also owned several gas grills and a couple of Weber Kettles and a Hibachi, and even have an open campfire grill that I'm not supposed to light an open fire for but the Bandero for me has so far been my favorite. What questions do you have that I might be able to answer .
Dang, forgot to mention
the Orion I use occasionally, great smoker concept but a real PITA to keep clean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom