Very depressing story (baby found dead after mom overdosed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell I know of a young guy that was genius level smart, yet got hooked on dope while in college. Even at his worst, that guy was brighter than most of my employees.

And having been around the general public/new gun owners more than most folks, I can tell you plenty of them have as much business operating a firearm as Betty White has flying a plane.

100% agree on the taxpayers not funding the druggies, as well as not funding WIC or any of that. Stop investing in bad behavior!

One of my classmates in high school was taking college graduate courses in his HS senior year in math.
He discovered LSD in 69.
Passed away a couple years ago as a farm hand on government assistance.
That’s the great loss from drugs. Some of our finest minds that could have made major contributions to society were relegated to scooping poop from a horse barn because their brain was fried. Your taxes as well as mine went to his government welfare payments and snap card.
The war on drugs may be a failure in some minds, but if it saved one great mind would it not be justified?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my classmates in high school was taking college graduate courses in his HS senior year in math.
He discovered LSD in 69.
Passed away a couple years ago as a farm hand on government assistance.
That’s the great loss from drugs. Some of our finest minds that could have made major contributions to society were relegated to scooping poop from a horse barn because their brain was fried. Your taxes as well as mine went to his government welfare payments and snap card.
The war on drugs may be a failure in some minds, but if it saved one great mind would it not be justified?

You'll never hear me advocate for taxes going to welfare or SNAP.

"saving one great mind" sounds good, but not at the expense of a free society.

Our government:
A. Wages "war" on drugs -incarcerating more people for non-violent crimes than any other country. (meanwhile the CIA and other government groups have been caught dealing drugs)

B. Deems someone a felon for mere possession of substances, thereby making that person extremely challenged in finding a job and becoming a productive citizen.

C. Subsidizes bad behavior - unwed mothers, unemployed, underemployed workers. The "safety net" hasn't kept great people from failing, it's created a system where failure is ok.

D. Has eliminated many of the privacy rights Americans should expect, resulted in blatant theft by law enforcement, and - the biggest drug pushers of all - the pharmaceutical companies - operate with the protection of "our" government forces - the biggest cartel in the world.

I did a lot of stupid crap when I was young, most folks do. I knew good and well if I didn't hold a job and take care of myself, no one would do it for me, and I'd be shunned by my own family if I didn't. Now we have generation after generation of welfare families (matriarchal, of course) - drugs are everywhere, every behavior is acceptable, and Uncle Sugar will provide housing and sustenance no matter what.

Eliminate the safety net, restore freedom to fail, and prepare for the wailing and gnashing of teeth. It WILL come to this one day, simple economics should tell anyone that our current monetary system won't allow this to continue. Might as well get it done now.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll never hear me advocate for taxes going to welfare or SNAP.

"saving one great mind" sounds good, but not at the expense of a free society.

Our government:
A. Wages "war" on drugs -incarcerating more people for non-violent crimes than any other country. (meanwhile the CIA and other government groups have been caught dealing drugs)

B. Deems someone a felon for mere possession of substances, thereby making that person extremely challenged in finding a job and becoming a productive citizen.

C. Subsidizes bad behavior - unwed mothers, unemployed, underemployed workers. The "safety net" hasn't kept great people from failing, it's created a system where failure is ok.

D. Has eliminated many of the privacy rights Americans should expect, resulted in blatant theft by law enforcement, and - the biggest drug pushers of all - the pharmaceutical companies - operate with the protection of "our" government forces - the biggest cartel in the world.

I did a lot of stupid crap when I was young, most folks do. I knew good and well if I didn't hold a job and take care of myself, no one would do it for me, and I'd be shunned by my own family if I didn't. Now we have generation after generation of welfare families (matriarchal, of course) - drugs are everywhere, every behavior is acceptable, and Uncle Sugar will provide housing and sustenance no matter what.

Eliminate the safety net, restore freedom to fail, and prepare for the wailing and gnashing of teeth. It WILL come to this one day, simple economics should tell anyone that our current monetary system won't allow this to continue. Might as well get it done now.

Unfortunately it is near impossible to locate more than a handful who will agree with your “just rip the damn bandaids off and be done with it”

Too many folks heavily invested personally in the current corrupt system for one weak reason or the other, most crap I hear is “it would be soooo hard and people will suffer”, the closet libs have no idea what suffering is, but will learn.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Unfortunately it is near impossible to locate more than a handful who will agree with your “just rip the damn bandaids off and be done with it”

Too many folks heavily invested personally in the current corrupt system for one weak reason or the other, most crap I hear is “it would be soooo hard and people will suffer”, the closet libs have no idea what suffering is, but will learn.

Absolute truth - we won't sustain this forever. There WILL be wailing and gnashing of teeth, as well as large scale death and suffering, if we kick the can down the road until it just falls off the cliff.

We need serious measures to tighten peoples' belts FOR them, but it ain't gonna happen. This is a country that refuses to even lock up mentally ill people who are violent predators, and castigates police officers for intervening in active murder attempts.

It ain't gonna happen. This country is well and truly screwed, by and large, it's just a matter of the gestation period at this point. My opinion, of course.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolute truth - we won't sustain this forever. There WILL be wailing and gnashing of teeth, as well as large scale death and suffering, if we kick the can down the road until it just falls off the cliff.

We need serious measures to tighten peoples' belts FOR them, but it ain't gonna happen. This is a country that refuses to even lock up mentally ill people who are violent predators, and castigates police officers for intervening in active murder attempts.

It ain't gonna happen. This country is well and truly screwed, by and large, it's just a matter of the gestation period at this point. My opinion, of course.

I can't find anything to disagree with here. If future generations study us someday, they'll be amazed at how we were able to disconnect from reality and logic and ignore all the obvious and numerous warnings along the way. Maybe they'll be able to at least find some humor in us arguing about whether a man has a vagina as we went over the cliff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom