Very disappointing August Jobs report - Expect something different?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I cannot believe my eyes about the headline. Normally Yahoo tries to buffer out bad news for this administration.

This is the perfect excuse for the .gov to print and hand out more free (and becoming worthless) money.

1630674574237.png

August jobs report: Payrolls rise by disappointing 235,000 while unemployment rate falls to 5.2%​

The U.S. economy added back jobs at a far slower pace in August following an early-summer jump in employment, as an initial wave of reopening hiring waned and concerns over the Delta variant increased.
The Labor Department delivered its monthly jobs report at 8:30 a.m. ET Friday morning. Here were the main metrics from the report compared to consensus estimates compiled by Bloomberg:
  • Change in non-farm payrolls: +235,000 vs. +733,000 expected

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing that gets me is they keep blaming it on 'rona while ignoring inflation, energy costs, and threats of increased regulation and taxation.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My former employer is paying people $500 to stay for six months. 3rd shift has a 26% retention rate. Poor management is why. When your boss sits in the breakroom for hours watching TV, that says something.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's hard to get motivated for a pesky, inconvenient job after being paid to do nothing for a year and a half. Especially when Delta might extend the payments. Don't want to jump the gun and get an unnecessary job.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do people expect? The job numbers couldn't go up much as there is little reason to go to work. Every day I go to work I drive by houses with vehicles in the driveway that are better than mine and I know some of these people haven't worked in over a year.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw a thing where they plan on paying $50 a month for a few million Americans to help with their internet bill!

I think we need some cut-backs on hand-outs!!!!

Food, housing, utilities (gas electric) to help someone out, yea, ok......

But internet, cable tv, cell phone, no way!!!

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
While I don't disagree that some lower wage earners are staying home in lieu of going back to work, I believe more importantly there is a lack of qualified workers to fill jobs. Record numbers of baby boomers are retiring and there is a severe shortage of qualified people to fill those jobs. A lot of companies talk about "legacy planning" but in reality that is a bunch of HR corporate-speak BS.
The pace of Boomer retirements has accelerated in the past year

Latest posts

Top Bottom