very interesting story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw that earlier. I sincerely sympathize with her, and do appreciate what she's doing now raising awareness. But I find it very hard to believe her trigger wasn't depressed to fire that gun. Unless they took parts out of it or radically altered her striker block, what she says happened should not be possible. FYI, gun was a M&P Pro.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. Have been tempted to do some minor mod stuff, but now I think NOT!
I'll drop in triggers, replace springs ect, but when the dremel is needed, I'm out.
Good sense vid.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sad and all to common an issue I believe (basement gunsmiths), I now have thoughts of having my smith look at all the guns I buy used before I shoot them. I respect her doing the video, maybe it will save someone else from the same situation down the line. Thank you for sharing it!

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw that earlier. I sincerely sympathize with her, and do appreciate what she's doing now raising awareness. But I find it very hard to believe her trigger wasn't depressed to fire that gun. Unless they took parts out of it or radically altered her striker block, what she says happened should not be possible. FYI, gun was a M&P Pro.
I've done a lot of work on M&P triggers myself, and it's fairly easy to end up in a condition where the striker will fall without a trigger pull. I've seen a couple M&Ps that would do just that (not mine or my work).

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is done to the striker block that allows it?
The 2 I saw were totally ground off (so the trigger bar wouldn't engage them at all), and therefore had the "valley" on the block cut so the striker could travel by without the block moving. I was like WTF!, and then threw all the parts away and stared with new ones. It could also be accomplished by removing it completely, but I doubt that's the case with this shooter's gun. There may be other ways, but I'm not sure (i.e., never tried to figure that one out!).

Latest posts

Top Bottom