Veteran Obtained a History AND A Law Degree

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Judge Wipes Out a Student Loan Tab
The guy is a Navy veteran and most likely used the GI Bill to obtain a History Degree-then he decided to sign a promissory note to get a law degree and then he went to court and the judge ruled in his favor that he did not have to repay the note he signed. $221,000 owed which isn't that much over the long haul for a good attorney.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we would have a lot more higher educated members of society if higher education wasn’t so expensive.

My ex-wife took out a student loan of $1500.00 to pay for a CNA school and certification. (Her stated goal was to become a nurse). Once she had graduated, she found that the job was low pay and CNA staff were a dime a dozen with a high turnover.

The last bill collector I talked to who was hunting her said that because of interest and non-payment, the bill was over $10k. That was almost ten years ago.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love hearing so many people and politicians saying how we should wipe out student loan debt. And knowing regardless of what happens, it won't happen for me. I'm still about about $160,000 to go, I think.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You beat me by a mile

Sucks after paying on them for... God, I dunno, 12 years now? I got 'em consolidated by a local bank when I also took out a business loan to buy into a practice, almost putting me back where I started. <sigh> But that means, if the g00berment decides to 'forgive' everyone's student loan debt, mine won't qualify.

It was worth it, though, after 15 years of dealing with Sallie Mae/Navient, I was ready to hang myself or... well... do some things I shouldn't joke about - or I'll end up on more watch lists than I already am.

:fullauto:

:blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom