Veteran Obtained a History AND A Law Degree

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a reminder that "government " money is the people's money. A student loan is money borrowed from taxes We the People have paid. Money We the People worked hard to get and don't appreciate being frittered away.

I wholeheartedly agree but our DC as well as state politicians don't agree, as long as the money comes in, they are going to spend. After all to them it's free money and they can do whatever they want regardless of the people. They buy votes, give illegals benefits ignoring Americans who are in dire conditions etc. Meanwhile, our school systems are deteriorating, teachers have no authority to correct a child that swings at them and students pass every year because the teacher doesn't want to put up with them the next year and we have graduates that can't balance a checkbook. Our "system" isn't working and it makes me mad as heck to see the waste and abuse by politicians who "have" to get involved in things better handled by local authorities.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take it you disagree with bankruptcy?

I'll bite.

I don't disagree with bankruptcy, but I agree with him, there is a such a thing as predatory lending; this ain't it.

There is also such a thing as stupid. I'm a firm believer in a lot, but not all, poverty is caused by stupidity or piss poor decisions. At times, bankruptcy is an opportunity to correct that stupidity and piss poor decision making. The issue I have is so many refuse to learn the lesson. I know a few people that have only filed bankruptcy once. I know a lot more that have used it several times, sometimes with malice aforethought, and that pisses me off.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I take it you disagree with bankruptcy?
Here's the stats on bankruptcy from each state. I disagree with bankruptcy because in my opinion it deals with personal irresponsibility. Sometimes it happens due to events and other times it is because a person overextends their income and does stupid things and the rest of the consumers pay for their error.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With respect to bankruptcy, the wife and I went through it quite a number of years ago. However, prior to going that route, we tried working through the Consumer Credit Counseling Service for about 3 years with the "repayment" plan. In our case, it didn't help a lot because of the debt that we had.

Went to Bankruptcy Court and my attorney was questioning me before the judge. When the attorney asked about our attempts, I told of using CCCS. The wife noted that when I stated that, the judge put his papers aside and intently listened to the rest of the questioning. When ruling for our bankruptcy, the judge stated that if there was anyone in that room that deserved it, it was us.

And, there was a goodly number of folks there for their hearings. One or two even tried "hiding" that they had firearms in an attempt to keep them. Judge didn't buy it.

Rollpin

Immaculata, Who Are You?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the stats on bankruptcy from each state. I disagree with bankruptcy because in my opinion it deals with personal irresponsibility. Sometimes it happens due to events and other times it is because a person overextends their income and does stupid things and the rest of the consumers pay for their error.

Consumers pay for the error of allowing lending with interest as a de rigueur financial modality.

The prevalence of lending has led to a social inability to understand what debt even is: slavery.

I've never filed. I don't even know what it would take to be able to file. But what I do know is that anything which sticks it to the system is a good thing. If it happens enough, the system will eventually recoil from its stupidity and hopefully people will learn how heavy their chains are when they're no longer allowed to put them on.

As long as the government operates the way it does, which were it a person or corporation would be tried for financial crimes, we have a problem. To cast aspersions at individuals who end up in a pickle while ignoring the larger problem (debt-as-a-system and a government which thrives on it), is like the left's problem of making people feel like scum cus they use plastic straws and ignoring that corporate environmental impacts dwarf anything a piddly consumer could do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom