Veteran's Day - Post up your Pic in Uniform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
soldierboy.jpg

A few years ago.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha...I know I've got two pictures of me in a uniform somewhere on my computer hard drive, but for the life of me, I can't find either of them. But, they date back to the late '60's, so they aren't anything special.

My thanks to our fellow veterans for their service and to their families for their sacrifices.

Now, you guys need to quit posting pictures with your beautiful wives/girlfriends. They are distracting the rest of us from your ugly mugs.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha...I know I've got two pictures of me in a uniform somewhere on my computer hard drive, but for the life of me, I can't find either of them. But, they date back to the late '60's, so they aren't anything special.

My thanks to our fellow veterans for their service and to their families for their sacrifices.

Now, you guys need to quit posting pictures with your beautiful wives/girlfriends. They are distracting the rest of us from your ugly mugs.

Finally found the photos. One was taken while out on a training event and the other was of me in summer Class A's that had been tailored. Trust me, I'm certainly not this thin anymore.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda funny, I don't think I have a single pic of me in uniform.

When I got out, I was so fed up with military life, I pretty much purged everything. There was a barrel at Ft Dix (where I mustered out), to toss all your military clothing etc, if you didn't want it. Most everything GI went in that bin. Only thing I kept was a DD214, a division shoulder patch, and a pair of boots (only footgear I had).

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret going in, and would do it again (with a different MOS). I think everyone should do a tour in the military. It's just that some folks thrive in that environment, and some chafe.

I came out rubbed raw.

Can't stand being told what to do. By anyone.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda funny, I don't think I have a single pic of me in uniform.

When I got out, I was so fed up with military life, I pretty much purged everything. There was a barrel at Ft Dix (where I mustered out), to toss all your military clothing etc, if you didn't want it. Most everything GI went in that bin. Only thing I kept was a DD214, a division shoulder patch, and a pair of boots (only footgear I had).

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret going in, and would do it again (with a different MOS). I think everyone should do a tour in the military. It's just that some folks thrive in that environment, and some chafe.

I came out rubbed raw.

Can't stand being told what to do. By anyone.

Ouch. I take it you are not married then...my wife certainly gives me instructions on a regular basis. She also supervises me well to ensure I adhere to her commands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom