Veteran's Day - Post up your Pic in Uniform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda funny, I don't think I have a single pic of me in uniform.

When I got out, I was so fed up with military life, I pretty much purged everything. There was a barrel at Ft Dix (where I mustered out), to toss all your military clothing etc, if you didn't want it. Most everything GI went in that bin. Only thing I kept was a DD214, a division shoulder patch, and a pair of boots (only footgear I had).

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret going in, and would do it again (with a different MOS). I think everyone should do a tour in the military. It's just that some folks thrive in that environment, and some chafe.

I came out rubbed raw.

Can't stand being told what to do. By anyone.
I did 20 years and I completely understand how you felt at the time. Guys like you that stayed in made the best leaders because they demanded to have an opinion. Those were the guys you could leave in charge of something knowing it would get done.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the only thing I have left.....lost everything else in a storage unit break-in years ago, this was still riding an old ball cap that had.

100_8257.JPG

Happy Veterans Day!

Merica.png

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the only thing I have left.....lost everything else in a storage unit break-in years ago, this was still riding an old ball cap that had.

View attachment 109256

I used to have one of those. Lost it, along with everything else somewhere down through the years over about a dozen moves. I think some guy working for Allied Movers has it today.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did 20 years and I completely understand how you felt at the time. Guys like you that stayed in made the best leaders because they demanded to have an opinion. Those were the guys you could leave in charge of something knowing it would get done.
My Grandfather was wounded in WWI, a month prior to the Armistice. Lived his life 40% disabled, raised and supported a family.

My Dad tossed rounds downrange in a combat unit in Korea.

One of my brothers is a retired Seal. Retired O-3-E (Navy lieutenant, prior enlisted).

I was third generation Army.

One of my nephews is 4th gen Army.

I understand military life, and served. Just can't be a lifer. Don't have the military mindset.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn I feel old now.
f4f03390096101910e4fbf1ae554a4ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
When I got home from Ft Benning, my dad was picking me up at the Will Rogers Airport. My dad walked right by me. He got about 10 feet past me before he realized I was the young man smiling at him in uniform.

Latest posts

Top Bottom