VHS to DVD transfers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does any of you guys in the Tulsa area have the equipment or know of someone that can record about 10 old VHS tapes onto a DVD ? I’ll be happy to pay a fair price.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if you can get it done for a fair price... there are services where you can send the tapes and they'll convert them, usually you download the converted files from the internet. They'll probably charge about $30 give or take per VHS tape.

Or you can buy a VHS Player/DVD burner but it looks like one will cost you around $600
https://www.amazon.com/vhs-dvd-converter/s?k=vhs+to+dvd+converter
If you have a VHS player and a DVD burner in your computer, you can use a capture device like this one. It takes a while, you basically have to copy the tape at regular speed, so an 8 hour VHS tape will take 8 hours to capture to your computer.
https://www.amazon.com/ClearClick-W...ds=vhs+to+dvd+converter&qid=1659232701&sr=8-4
The third method is about the only one that's not expensive, if you have a VHS player. There is not a lot of VHS equipment left around, so if you have the player, or can find someone who does and is generous enough to help you, you'll be lucky.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just finished that process with a good number of VHS tapes. I bought a VHS to DVD player from a member here, and my plan was to sell the player to someone else looking to do the same process. But, alas, I live in OKC, but these players are fairly easy to find, and the process is simple. This was a $300+ unit when new from Amazon, and the member sold it to me for something like $150-$175.

Latest posts

Top Bottom