Victim arrested in attempted carjacking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first news report of an incident almost never has enough details to really know what happened and why. There are two sides to every story, and you rarely get both sides from the same source. It's usually best to avoid a rush to judgment.

There are three sides. One side, the other side, and the truth.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very few, if any, subsequent articles actually reflect the facts either. More like a version of what transpired that uses sensationalism to attract readers/viewers and further an agenda.
That's true, and why getting more perspectives usually gives you a better overall view. On situations like this, where I'm not personally and directly affected and don't have to make decisions, I'm perfectly willing to wait until all the info comes out at trial.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’d be curious to see how vigorously this case is prosecuted versus that of a person charged with car jacking. I’m sure neither is a saint and I doubt the shooter is legally allowed to carry a firearm. It’s easy to armchair quarterback and say he shouldn’t have shot the guy if he was fleeing.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the carjacker is fleeing, the threat and fear of life changes. But the emotions likely didn't.
What's to say that he didn't have another weapon? Granted that one was never produced but in the heat of the moment an "everyman reasonable expectation" would have been that he had other weapons of similar or more lethal capability at his disposal. Good taze. Good job officers!

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's to say that he didn't have another weapon? Granted that one was never produced but in the heat of the moment an "everyman reasonable expectation" would have been that he had other weapons of similar or more lethal capability at his disposal. Good taze. Good job officers!

Latest posts

Top Bottom