Vidalia onions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an onion eater from way back, and vidalias are without doubt the best I have ever had. I guess everyone knows this, but just in case, the three ot four counties in Georgia where Videlia onions are grown, (a trade marked brand, ) has the lowest sulfur content in the soil, of any place in the country! We have been buying really good onions at Sams the last couple of years, in the winter months, when we can't get vidalias, that are grown in Geogia, but not labeled with trhe trade mark, Vidalia! They are not quite as good as vidalia, but close!

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a jar of the 505 peppers a couple days ago. GF came over and tasted it with me. Today she stopped by again and came in with 6 jars for us to use. Good Stuff, haha. We will be doing Vidalia onions in the Crock Pot tomorrow. Thanks for all the postings.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, 15lb onions about 14 hours each in the crock pot (multiple batches) and frozen flat in zip bags. As good as any bowl of "french onion" soup by just adding a little cheese out of the crock pot. Wow, tasty in my opinion. Also did meatloaf "patties" on the griddle instead of a big loaf plan in the oven to freeze up for a quick meal. Hey, more singed like the corner pieces I like best. Enjoy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, 15lb onions about 14 hours each in the crock pot (multiple batches) and frozen flat in zip bags. As good as any bowl of "french onion" soup by just adding a little cheese out of the crock pot. Wow, tasty in my opinion. Also did meatloaf "patties" on the griddle instead of a big loaf plan in the oven to freeze up for a quick meal. Hey, more singed like the corner pieces I like best. Enjoy.
Man, that sounds tasty. Love to try some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom