Video: celebrating at H and H today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool on the surgery recovery and on a shooter.

Just might want to be careful with him crossing over those thumbs. That's what we call a self-correcting problem.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool on the surgery recovery and on a shooter.

Just might want to be careful with him crossing over those thumbs. That's what we call a self-correcting problem.

Yup, been there done that. The Woodsman got my thumb pretty good a couple of years ago. I shoot SA revolvers so much, I forgot I didn't have to cock the Woodsman. Fortunately, the 1911 has never gotten me. I suspect it could really cause some damage, kinda like an M1 thumb.

But I agree, I do need to concentrate on my grip. I didn't even realize where my left hand was until I watched the video.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious question:

I've never seen a left hand over right wrist grip like the shooter in the video was using before...

Is there some advantage to that type of grip over the standard two handed grip used on a pistol? Just sittin' here at the PC I tried it without a pistol handy and it felt like both vertical and horizontal movement of my arms was reduced as long as I pulled with my left and pushed with my right.

Does that type of grip have a name? Who teaches it?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Serious question:

I've never seen a left hand over right wrist grip like the shooter in the video was using before...

Is there some advantage to that type of grip over the standard two handed grip used on a pistol? Just sittin' here at the PC I tried it without a pistol handy and it felt like both vertical and horizontal movement of my arms was reduced as long as I pulled with my left and pushed with my right.

Does that type of grip have a name? Who teaches it?

FWIW, I don't think any acredited instructor teaches that grip. It's inefficient compared to others, not to mention you are inviting a bite from the slide.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched a person do that with a full auto glock after being corrected several times. He rearranged his grip to the bad habit and pulled the trigger before I could stop him. He required no further correction.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the grip of an uneducated idiot. Me.:hithead:

It works pretty good when shooting SA revolvers, although in the video I used my right thumb to cock the '51 instead of my left. But like the Mythbusters say, "Do not try this at home with a semi-auto."

I've been shooting all my life, but really would like to take some professional courses, just to see if I can unlearn all the stuff I do wrong, and start doing it right. As everyone can see, I do have some bad habits. On the other hand, I've never shot anyone. I do believe in safety. That's my first rule in Cowboy Action, "Don't shoot nobody!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom