Video: Why I am seriously considering NOT renewing my carry permit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I do not like the idea of anyone knowing I have something or could have something or even familiar with something like a gun. However there is something I do like about NICs checks and CCW Permits (1 thing). It shows the powers that be and anti gun groups that we are out there in large numbers and more than likely we vote.

Only time the permit has posed an issue for me I was speeding, doing 20 over and got pulled over. The police asked me for my ID, gave them my drivers license, permit, registration and Insurance. They asked me to step out of the car and hand them my firearm. I explained it had a round in the chamber and would be slowly handing it to them from my jacket holster butt first. After sitting in my car the officer came back, handed me my gun and a ticket for 10 over and suggested I get a real holster and slow down.
hey asked me to step out of the car and hand them my firearm.

Why did he ask for your fire arm? Never heard of that one. Maybe to run the gun serial number.
When I took the course I don't recall that being a requirement.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had my doubts at first but it's a GREAT video

As always, it's probably in the wrong section, and may have been posted already

Only for out of state travel. I had an officer pull me over not long ago in my wifes car. Well I had my gun on me, and the gun she carries was left in the center console, so it was a fun explanation that resulted in a “just keep your hands there and I’ll look you up in the system”. To which I said sounds good. A friendly warning and I was on my way. The battle of “I shouldnt have to have a government issued permission slip to own things is annoying but will never go away in this cursed world. Only when it all collapses will people then hit a point of not caring anymore about having permission.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm probably a bit anal. I have the permit 'cause it might signify that I have some expertise. I also have copies of state's conceal carry laws that I travel through. Especially for Illinois, Michigan, and leftist states. I do not trust them if I get stopped.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may have asked this before but are we required to advise LE about CC and or a firearm in our vehicle or
on our person? Unless asked.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I let mine expire for most of the reasons already posted. Most of the states we travel to now are good. I tend to drive with the flow, so my exposure to traffic stops is pretty low. I haven’t been stopped since 1980 in Ohio, so I’ll take my chances.

Latest posts

Top Bottom