Video: Why I am seriously considering NOT renewing my carry permit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good points that are very true. Any thought of being "under the radar" for normal folks is out of the question in this digital world.
If one deals in cash only, never uses a cell or computer, you can fly low, but there are always triggers out there to trace someone.
Digital media can be tracked using algorithms that pick up words that "could be offensive" depending on the filters they use in the program. Government agencies can cross reference those words with a digital history to see if your dangerous or not.
I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum is on a certain level of watch list with this administration. They are out to destroy the 2A and Conservatives.

My brother and I had a conversation along this subject line. We agreed, that anything the left could deem subversive (any alphabet soup governmental agency) should only be sent via snail mail. All electronic mediums are being monitored and stored.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good points that are very true. Any thought of being "under the radar" for normal folks is out of the question in this digital world.
If one deals in cash only, never uses a cell or computer, you can fly low, but there are always triggers out there to trace someone.
Digital media can be tracked using algorithms that pick up words that "could be offensive" depending on the filters they use in the program. Government agencies can cross reference those words with a digital history to see if your dangerous or not.
I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum is on a certain level of watch list with this administration. They are out to destroy the 2A and Conservatives.

Watch list? Watch this. :finger:

Jonny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and I had a conversation along this subject line. We agreed, that anything the left could deem subversive (any alphabet soup governmental agency) should only be sent via snail mail. All electronic mediums are being monitored and stored.

Other than OTPs, best course of action is to establish a subtext between you and the individuals you want to communicate with. You can use electronic communication all day if the message is seemingly clear to an outsider. The message has a different meaning only to those that know the subtext established face to face at a prior point. Essentially, the real message rides the normal method of communication and it's normalcy obfuscates your true meaning.

Snail mail is no more secure than any other communication channel. Your perceived threat level to an agency determines the level of scrutiny you're under. Staying off the radar as much as possible is always good.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been thinking about this a lot myself. We don't travel out of state much/at all. Both the wifey and myself are up, thought about maybe just myself getting it so if we do happen to travel, but again, buts few and far between. Texas is really the only place we go with any regularity and its looking like they will get constitutional carry. So, its a gamble, and like others have said, if big bro wants to know what I've got going on, they already know.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what if uncle joe next week says you got to have one and the new ones have a bunch of hoops you have to jump thru to get it. You'll wish you hadn't waited.
Just sayin'.

devildog88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that situation would make a lot of people outlaws and be the reason we just passed a bill against overreach of federal gun legislation. I think that would be pushing us closer to the edge of conflict. At some point the federal government may overreach and confront a single state, or multiple over this. They may even do it on purpose to prove a point or push the issue.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traveling makes having a CC Permit a good idea but to each their own, another benefit is bypassing NICS checks when you buy a firearm . I clear in about 10 minutes when they call it in , but its nice to skip it with a CHL also .

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Traveling makes having a CC Permit a good idea but to each their own, another benefit is bypassing NICS checks when you buy a firearm . I clear in about 10 minutes when they call it in , but its nice to skip it with a CHL also .
Was not aware one could bypass NICS when buying a firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom