Vintage Military weapon tournaments...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soonerbillz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the "accurizing kit thing on the Mosin.
20191103_104443.jpg
According to "era" correct... some shims, a barrel wrap and cleaned up the trigger..
I'll be shooting it cold as I ain't had and won't have any time to shoot it till meet day

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... seems kinda like an oxymoron on the sights. But apparently mine wouldn't fit the bill anyway because of the fore-end of the stock being cut off, and no original fins to protect the rear sight. Not to mention the recoil pad... :D

Thanks for the info, guys. As mentioned, I was just curious.

Happy shooting. :drunk2:
Mac, I can guarantee you wouldn’t be turned away. Most of us are there to have fun and get some trigger time.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
The match I do monthly is called a Military combined match. Match 1 is 22lr trainers, Match 2 Is military bolt action rifles and match 3, is modern military rifles which is mainly all guys shooting AR-15s. The winner last weekend with his AR group was all in the X ring and it measured .730 on 10 shots. He shot a 200 -17x I believe for his score using a Rock River off the shelf rifle with hand loads. That was impressive. Sometimes they will do special matches for M1s or other things. Most of they guys I have met just want to share the sport and if your gun is correct era will let you shoot. Some clubs even offer loaner rifles at matches to help folks get started.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks butt.. but ain't making it..
Pisses me off but family stuff made it impossible..
Hoping another day make it real..
Just carve out the time for next month. Mark it on the calendar. Make it known you will be unavailable during that time.

That's what I did for the first few monthly matches at OKCGC, now it's a regular thing. Mrs will say something like ' Oh, that's the day of the match. We'll need to reschedule....'

I really do enjoy the match. A gathering of like-minded people just out to have a good time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom