Vintage S&W revolver thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful. You can get original wax sheets on eBay. I think a 5 pack runs 10 bucks or so. Well worth it to finish out the package

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A well worn, but mechanically sound, 4 screw .38 Military & Police Airweight. You could call it a pre-model 12, if that's your thing.
zipty61.com_12_PRE12a01SM.jpg

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The M&P Airweight and the 12-2 have different versions of the flat latch. The 12-2 has more of an outward slope on the end closest to the recoil shield. It is much easier to use than the other.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m always on the lookout for a model 12. My dream gun would be a 2 inch, diamond grips, flat latch in the box.
I did mention ‘dream’ gun but hey, it could happen!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 2" model 12 for a while. I would actually prefer a 4" 12, with round butt.

There was actually a very nice 4" round butt at Matt's militaria show in Chickasha over the weekend. Asking price was $425 and seller openly admitted that his firearms were marked up so that he had some wiggle room to negotiate. Probably could have snagged it for $400 or less.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
There was actually a very nice 4" round butt at Matt's militaria show in Chickasha over the weekend. Asking price was $425 and seller openly admitted that his firearms were marked up so that he had some wiggle room to negotiate. Probably could have snagged it for $400 or less.

Nice! Not in the budget now.. sadly.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well dangit, I couldn’t make it this year. The HVAC guys were here replacing my system. That’s sounds like onevthat would have came home with me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom