Vintage S&W revolver thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1674581668091.jpeg

Model 28 I converted to 45ACP.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Model 36 (no dash) that belonged to my wife's father. He was a detective in Corpus Christi way back in the 60s and this was his duty gun.

When we got married she asked if I could fix it because it was locked up and nothing worked. It had sat for so long a lot of the excess oil (and that's being kind) that had been applied to it over the years had nearly hardened.

I took the side plate and grips off and ran it thru a couple of cycles in the ultrasonic cleaner. Properly lubed it up and put it back together and it's smooth as silk now.

Model 36.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Model 36 (no dash) that belonged to my wife's father. He was a detective in Corpus Christi way back in the 60s and this was his duty gun.

When we got married she asked if I could fix it because it was locked up and nothing worked. It had sat for so long a lot of the excess oil (and that's being kind) that had been applied to it over the years had nearly hardened.

I took the side plate and grips off and ran it thru a couple of cycles in the ultrasonic cleaner. Properly lubed it up and put it back together and it's smooth as silk now.

View attachment 372125
Oh man, that thing is a beauty!

Latest posts

Top Bottom