Vintage S&W revolver thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Combat Masterpiece. Very good. I'm toying with getting one of the 10-shot K-frames myself. I already have an 8-shot J-frame.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0383.JPG
Model 34-1. This is number 125,xxx. The diamond grips would have been deleted in 1968. The serials started with 108,087 in 1965 and started with 135,464 in 1969. The records for anything in between are kind of spotty. So, this gun may or may not have had diamonds on it when new. it had some hogue's on it when I got it and went with the more affordable grips at the time.

Last edited:

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll update with pics, but I'm carrying my grandpas model 49 in a leather clip holster, appendix. Practicing draw strike between this and my DW EC0, my draw is faster with the J frame.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most were square. It's the barrel that is rare. No mention of the HB in the s&w bible and the only ones I have seen were round butts. If you ever think you need to part with it....

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most were square. It's the barrel that is rare. No mention of the HB in the s&w bible and the only ones I have seen were round butts. If you ever think you need to part with it....

I'll keep you in mind but I'm just do see parting with either of my Model 67s in the near future. I'll have to look up the serial number number and find the date of manufacturing on HB S&W; it's a 67-3 model.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like they deleted square butts in 1996. Have you seen a round butt HB prior to 1996? That might be a really rare bird.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a pic in the S&W forum but you might have had to order it that way. Back in the day, you could order about any configuration you wanted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom