Vintage Ugly Stik for the wife & a few other things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a circa 1976 Browning (made in USA) spinning rod and matching Diawa spining reel if you'd like to purchase it. This was purchased new when I lived in CO and has not been near saltwater.
I'm not a fan of spinning reels unfortunately & don't own but 1 & only because my son in law gifted it to me so I use it in small creeks to catch bluegill for catfish bait, but if I was that'd be a cool one for sure

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the No 9 needs a line guide pawl. It doesn't work.
I think being a Penn parts are available to fix it if you decide to. On YouTube there's a channel called " 2nd chance tackle" and Dennis will have several videos showing how to take those apart & repair them if you don't already know how

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For awhile Zebco made one called the 30/30 spincast reel. I had one for a few years that burnt up in a house fire. I have been looking for another one ever since. I loved that reel for fishing ponds and small lakes.
I found some 20/30's but the 30/30 must have been more popular none of them out there that I can find either

Latest posts

Top Bottom