Vintage vice 2 finished and vice 3 ready to move ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron sharpens Iron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like old vises, have several floating around, interesting to see how ridiculous Wilton pricing is the days on the old ones. Neighbor has her Dad's baby bullet on a bench in their garage, it's mine whenever I decide to get it, just feel odd about taking it.

I'm surprised after 2 pages no one asked about this, maybe you've covered it before but what are the details on the truck?
Thanks for asking! It’s a 1972 C10 started life as a six banger with granny low 4 speed. I swapped in a 350 and automatic, I liked the patina so didn’t paint it other than adding the door logo. It’s been featured on HGTV in a single episode for a show that didn’t get picked up, also been a wildlife video featuring Author Roger Thompson. Relationship Advice for Men - Relationship Advice for Men: Fathers and Fixing

Fun old ride

Attachments

• 10D855BC-0406-4EF0-AC6D-1A42EB052AF6.jpeg
    10D855BC-0406-4EF0-AC6D-1A42EB052AF6.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 281F4B2A-3A56-4EC4-9B71-B7D38CF18888.jpeg
    281F4B2A-3A56-4EC4-9B71-B7D38CF18888.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well then. Since my post has been stolen, I'll add a post that has something to do with the OP.
Sand was used in the forming of molten Iron and steel, much like the vices the op is about. The sand in the picute below, may or may not, have been used in this process in the past

Attachments

• lady on beach.jpg
    lady on beach.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 46

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Chas. Parker Co.
No. 5740
Meriden Conn.

Looks like Pat. 1930 but it’s hard to tell.
Your about right on the age and it's in great shape. Those things weigh about 80 or 90 lbs. Heavy duty for a machinist. Clean it up a bit and 400 bucks is a good deal for someone. You might get more if people know how nice those HD's are.
You should keep it or give it to me. Ha. Better yet, plan on passing it on to a son or grandson that does stuff. It's too good a vice to just sell to anyone. If it wasn't so costly to mail, I'd try to restore it for free. Looks like it would be fun.
If you do decide to keep it, and want it restored, pm me sometime and if you don't live too far away, I'll pick it up and make it pretty. I enjoy that stuff and it hardly cost anything but some time and elbow grease.
Nice vice....Wow...that's poetic.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the information and the offer to help with a restoration. I could never get rid of it unless it’s passed down.

My grandfather was an amazing individual. He was abandon when he was a kid and lived in an orphanage until he was 9, then was living on the street. A Italian restaurant owner took him in and let him live in a storage closet and wash dishes. He joined the army when he was 15 I think as he lied about his age to get in. He was in WWII and drove a truck delivering munitions.

Your about right on the age and it's in great shape. Those things weigh about 80 or 90 lbs. Heavy duty for a machinist. Clean it up a bit and 400 bucks is a good deal for someone. You might get more if people know how nice those HD's are.
You should keep it or give it to me. Ha. Better yet, plan on passing it on to a son or grandson that does stuff. It's too good a vice to just sell to anyone. If it wasn't so costly to mail, I'd try to restore it for free. Looks like it would be fun.
If you do decide to keep it, and want it restored, pm me sometime and if you don't live too far away, I'll pick it up and make it pretty. I enjoy that stuff and it hardly cost anything but some time and elbow grease.
Nice vice....Wow...that's poetic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom