Virginia- no longer Live Free or Die

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like I asked in the other related thread: Should we in Oklahoma be concerned that our carry laws meet or exceed VA's requirements? I'm concerned that we made that list of 5.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suspending reciprocity with states that don't meet their minimum requirements isn't really a big shocker. Pennsylvania gave me a CCW permit simply based on my OK permit. I'm guessing they did a quick check on my info but all I did was send them a copy of my OK permit and they sent me a PA CCW in about a week and a half. It was only $25, is valid without photo and a 6th grader could recreate the un-laminated form on any PC. As a freedom loving American I thought it was great but honestly that wasn't too much of a check.

One reason an OK CCW is not accepted in some states is because we have a 10 year option, I'm a little surprised that didn't get us on their list. I like that 10 year option so I can pay and forget about messing with paperwork for a decade but some states think that's too long to go between checks..

We have it pretty good here in OK, that's for sure. The list of states that recognize our permit is much larger than it was the first time I got mine. That's a really good thing. Just a few years ago I had to unload while going through KS on my quarterly drive to CO, now they have constitutional carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom