Visiting Italy in a few weeks - open to suggestions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, The Wife, The Boy and I are heading to Italy the 2nd week of Nov. We'll be spending 4 nights in Rome, then 2 in Venice, then 1 more in Rome before we head home. We're flying in to Fiumicino, we'll probably book a private car to take us into the city.

We've been there once before, 13 years ago, when The Boy was 2 months old. We had some... difficulties... and thus had very minimal time. One night in Rome, one night in Venice. In Rome all we saw was the Basilica di San Pietro in the Vatican.

So, yes, we're going to hit the major tourist sites. Yes, the Coliseum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Vatican City, etc. All that is on the list.

Our hotel is literally just 150 feet from the Spanish Steps.

So... for any of ya'll who have been there, any specifics besides all the tourist sites? Special restaurants, little dives, street stands you know well, etc.? We will definitely be pretty busy seeing all the sights, but I wanted to see if there is anyone here who has special suggestions.

Thanks!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think Italy would be really cool - I've never been. Consider a Frommer's Guide for some ideas. I've used these guides for places in the US and found some great suggestions for places / attractions I had not heard of. Check their website first. It might have all you need since you have been before.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would suggest the charcuterie. Maybe because i have never been there and I just imagine it's spectacular. Please try it and let us know.

I wish we had cheese and bread in the states like they have in Europe.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on how you are traveling from Rome to Venice, a side trip to the Republic of San Marino might be fun. It's kind of on the way.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope you have a great time. I was stationed in Italy waaay back in 87-88. We used to drive up to Rome to eat at a Chinese restaurant near the Trevi fountain. I'd recommend it, but it's probably closed LOL.

If you are down for venturing out of Rome, Monte Cassino (The site of a massive engagement against the Germans and the Allies) is only about 1.5hrs outside of Rome. Anzio and it's nearby American cemetery is not far either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom