Volquartsen Scorpion 22WRM Pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://volquartsen.com/products/1240-scorpion-22-wmr-pistol

Has anyone seen one of these or had a chance to shoot one? I've heard about the Kel Tek PMR-30 22WRM but the Volquarten Scorpion 22WRM is a new one on me. I am just curious as to how reliable and accurate they are. 22WRM semiauto pistols are not too common because of the problems associated in manufacturing and in shooting them. A few manufacturers have been made them but they usually don't hang around too long. The .22LR version came out a few years back.

Guns America link on the 22WMR version:
https://www.gunsamerica.com/944114934/Volquartsen-Scorpion-22MA.htm

22 Plinkster shooting the 22WMR version:

Kirsten Joy Weiss shooting the 22LR version:

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where's the gun? LOL
I have a PMR-30. Great shooting pistol and 100% reliable so far after 500 rounds or so.
The Volquartsen at $1900.00 better be a tack driver!

+1 I totally agree. The shooter part of me got it's curiosity up, NOT the $ part of me. Wouldn't want to have to pay for the gun or pay for the ammo to feed the beast on a regular basis--22LR is bad enough for just plinking. I heard at least the early PMR-30s had some problems but evidently Kel-Tek got them worked out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 I totally agree. The shooter part of me got it's curiosity up, NOT the $ part of me. Wouldn't want to have to pay for the gun or pay for the ammo to feed the beast on a regular basis--22LR is bad enough for just plinking. I heard at least the early PMR-30s had some problems but evidently Kel-Tek got them worked out.
.22 mag has always been an issue in semi-auto rifles and pistols because of the sharp recoil impulse that is just too fast. AMT tried dimpling the chamber to grip the case for milliseconds longer, Savage has used a huge bolt handle for added weight, etc.
Not sure what KelTec did, or Volquartsen, but I know mine runs. My AMT 4" pistol won't fire a mag reliably.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.22 mag has always been an issue in semi-auto rifles and pistols because of the sharp recoil impulse that is just too fast. AMT tried dimpling the chamber to grip the case for milliseconds longer, Savage has used a huge bolt handle for added weight, etc.
Not sure what KelTec did, or Volquartsen, but I know mine runs. My AMT 4" pistol won't fire a mag reliably.

22WRM is in the NO MAN'S LAND between rimfire blowback operation and centerfire locked breech operation.

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a follow-up, here is 22plinkster shooting/reviewing the Volquarten Scorpion 22WRM. Like I said before, because of the cost of the gun itself and the cost of feeding it, I seriously doubt that I would ever own one. One thing that did surprise me was that the pistol seems to be reliable and seems to be fairly accurate(with certain loads). 22plinkster went 8 for 9 hits on a 3 inch target at 100yds.

VOLQUARTSEN SCORPION 22WMR PISTOL REVIEW
22plinkster
Published on Sep 13, 2018

Latest posts

Top Bottom