Vortex Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Our member has an eyeball issue that makes a typical red dot look like a big out of focus washout.
What is the difference in the prism, vs the regular red dot I guess should have been my question.
I know you didn't address that issue. Thought maybe someone else could educate us on the difference in the prism.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Our member has an eyeball issue that makes a typical red dot look like a big out of focus washout.
What is the difference in the prism, vs the regular red dot I guess should have been my question.
I know you didn't address that issue. Thought maybe someone else could educate us on the difference in the prism.
I have never used a prism scope but I have looked into them a little. From what I understand the reticle is etched in the glass so it doesn't distort like a reflective red dot. Even when it is not illuminated you can use the scope and the reticle shows up as black.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I can't say for other optics that use a prism, but I love the Vortex Spitfire because of the prism and the adjustable diopter. To my eyes, a regular red dot is blurry, but I can adjust the diopter on my Spitfire till the reticle is nice, sharp, and clear. Being able to use the reticle with or without illumination, at least during the daytime, is a bonus. It's not a diminutive T1 micro RDS, but the diopter more than makes up for its heft. There's also a bit of aberration around the perimeter that becomes apparent when I pan slowly, but otherwise it's not that noticeable. The only real drawback IMHO is the relatively short battery life, but AAA batteries are cheap and ubiquitous.

I was so impressed with the Spitfire that I bought a second one for my gf... and a third one on sale, for myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom