Vortex Scope Experiences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have three of the Vortex Viper PST's all of which are great. I have not used any of their lower end optics, but I bet they are comparable to any other brand at the same price point.
One thing to think about is resale, a used Vortex is the same as a new one because if it is damaged, the warranty transfers to the new owner. Most brands the warranty only covers the original buyer.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Ran across this, any experience with their glass? i know its a side step, but a friend just sent this to me. http://bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scopes/ar-optics/4-5-18x-40mm-creed

I cannot understand why they won't put a standardized reticle in all the variable scopes in that series. Some kind of MOA hash reticle would make 100000000000000 times more sense than the dedicated BDC reticles. Those will only be accurate for one load, and one barrel length.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Luckily, I plan on putting it on a 6.5CM build, so it should be fairly close assuming I stick with a standard grain load.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several Votexes in several grades. My little girl has a Crossfire II 4-12 that was on her 223 and is now on her 300BO. I have a Leupold VX I in 3-9 and with each on the same magnification, the Vortex edges out the VX in low light transmission.
Buy the best Vortex you can afford and nothing else out there can beat it for the money spent. Look at the Crossfire II Hog Hunter too. Its a 30mm scope I believe.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only recently picked up a vortex (Strike Eagle). I haven't had the chance to run it through any paces, but it really looks clear. I've heard great things about Vortex and they have a great warranty.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Vortex is my go to optic for sure. I own 5 different variants of their products and I'm not kind to them but they take the abuse and ask for more.
The clarity in the crossfire line though was piss poor IMO. Step up to at least the Viper line for better glass.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have.... a ton, I dunno, probably 8 or 10 Vortex optics. All are great, phenomenal bang for the buck (IMO) and the warranty cannot be beat.

They are gtg, if you ask me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom