Vortex Scope Experiences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nikon has the same no fail, run over it with a truck warranty.
Like others have said, the brightness is pretty impressive especially in the Monarch line.
I have both, prefer the Nikon.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
only one complaint about Vortex, eye relief changes with changing magnification. Nikon is constant and steady, your spot weld remains the same,,,at least mine does. so i only have 1 3x9 Vortex, have several Strikefire red dots tho, i really like those

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys!
So im looking for anyone who has experience with vortex magnified optics (i have an love their dot style optics, so no problems there), but have never had a magnified one. I am in the middle of finishing a 6.5 creedmoor build and need a budget friendly" optic. I grew up using almost exclusively leupold, but want something higher than 3-9 magnification and frankly cant afford to spend that kind of money with leupold at the moment. I did see that vortex has their crossfire II (not the original one that was discontinued) for a fairly good price. Online i see either "loved it" or "hated it", just like normal haha. Was wondering if any of you guy had any experience with them or other scopes with a similar warranty in the same price range. The one i am looking at is the crossfire II 6-18x44 AO with dead hold objective. I am not "set" on this model, but being as this is my "longer range" hog and deer rifle, i want high magnification. Any help is greatly appreciated!
JB
I have a Viper HS and a Crossfire II. The Viper has about the same quality and performance as my Leupolds in those price range. You didn't say what platform the 6.5 is in. That would determine the tube size and objective for me. I would ditch the AO though for hunting.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a bunch of them. From Crossfire’s, to Vipers up to a couple Razor HD Gen 2. Of all of them, the best value is the Gen 2 Viper. 5-25x50, illuminated, FFP and great glass and can be bought for under $1000.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve owned several and currently have three PST models sitting in the safe. They are great quality optics and you will never find a better warranty. They offer excellent military/Leo discounts and I also like that they make glass in all different price ranges.
c9ca9f023a521c552869ae22f864804f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom