Vortex sparc vs strikefire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never owned a Sparc, but I have had a chance to use one and liked it. I have been using a StrikeFire for several years. IMO, it is hard to beat for the price.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another vote for a Strikefire. I've been running one on an AR for five years. It's the little optic that could. Keep an eye on the web store sales and you can land one in the $125-150 range.

I also have a Sparc on my Scout Squad. The tube is smaller but it cowitnesses nicely. I have not had the opportunity to really put it through its paces. I have no doubt, though, that the Vortex quality will come through on it, as well.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ar is mainly for plinking, it is some what of a 3 gun build but I may or may it compete in a few of those. Basically what I'm running will be a 16"barrel with a seekins sp3r handguard, magpul mbus sights, and an ace skeleton stock.

Surveyor palmetto is running them for $99 right now.

This is great help but im getting they both are good haha.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using a Vortex Sparc on my AR pistol build for quite some time and I love it. It is the perfect size for the pistol and has worked flawless. I have not tried the Strikefire yet but have heard great things about it.

Swab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as OP. I've already decided on the strikefire but not sure to get the strikefire 1 or 2. Thoughts on that?

Sorry to hijack your thread

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see that deal at Palmetto now. I'd jump all over that.

Can't help on the Strikefire 2.

I will say that the red/green combo is pretty nice. I read a while back that the eye likes green better in daylight. I've found that to be true and run green during the day and red at night. There is the rare occasion in spring and early summer when the dot will get lost briefly against very bright green foliage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom