• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy VW Bug/Beetle 1964-1971

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking to purchase a VW Bug anywhere from 1964 to 1971. Body should be in good shape and engine in car and running. Price should be reasonable. Photos of car to be sold would be appreciated. Hopefully the vehicle is within 200 miles from Oklahoma City but would either travel or arrange for shipment of vehicle.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've always liked the thought of restoring a beetle.. Quick search of CL only turned up a finished bug.. Nice though..
https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/muskogee-1964-vw-beetle/6990853688.html
Good luck on the hunt, I sort of know where there's a beetle collection, I'll ask the shop tomorrow where it is exactly.. I do know its between Shawnee and Sand springs.. I don't know if they'll be anything running in the heap though..

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Wifey had an orange beetle. I painted a gallon coffee can green and stuck it on the top of it while she had it at work. From then on she called it "Punkin".

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Man - good luck on the project. Briefly had a 73 Super Beetle project that I ended up selling off; my son kind of wanted to mess with one, and not knowing any better, ended up with a Super. I learned my lesson - stick with the torsion bar front end. As a life-long Ford guy, that VW was a breath of fresh air; unlike everything else German, it was so simple that a 3rd grader could work on it. I'm pretty sure Ford engineers lay awake at night dreaming of how to make stuff impossible to work on. This thing was simple, logical, and straightforward.

I'd still like to mess with one again someday.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those old VW Beetles are incredibly easy to work on, the engine can be removed in 30 minutes. I remember reading about someone had their VW parked on the street in San Francisco. They went out one morning and got in the VW to go to work and it wouldn't start so the guy got out and opened the engine compartment and no engine! Someone heisted it during the night.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Those old VW Beetles are incredibly easy to work on, the engine can be removed in 30 minutes. I remember reading about someone had their VW parked on the street in San Francisco. They went out one morning and got in the VW to go to work and it wouldn't start so the guy got out and opened the engine compartment and no engine! Someone heisted it during the night.

My buddy used to work on them as a hobby. I think there were only 4 bolts holding engine in if I remember correctly. He had slicks on it with a modified engine and headers. We got a lot of lookers back in the day. One of his VW's was like a dune buggy. Took it on the river on I44, almost got stuck in quicksand.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Mom had a really nice 66, red with white interior with red piping. Brother had a 65 project that ran great but needed paint. We had an avenger framed sand rail at the same time. Stock 1600 motor with a bus transmission. Had a blast in all of them.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Your best bet is to try samba.com for anything Volkswagen. That's where most of the VW community hangs out and where you'll find deals. There's a few out there just have to look.

Latest posts

Top Bottom