Waenenmachers Arms Show Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there are a lot of people who go in to this place expecting or even HOPING to have bad experiences, so they can ***** about it. Just saying, I dunno. I mean, it's a long day, it's a big expo, and it can be painful, my feet, legs and hips were sore after walking on that concrete for 2 days.

But dang... how freaking lucky are we to have such an amazing show right here in our own back yard twice a year? In OKLAHOMA??? What the hell ELSE do we have in Oklahoma that is considered 'world class' and brings in people from all over the country and the world to shop? If it were in Dallas or Atlanta or Chicago, we would all be bitching that they cater to the big cities and ignore us here in 'flyover country'. I hear the bitching and moaning year after year, but very few people praising the show for being such a great opportunity to see so many rarities and experience it all in one place.

I dunno, it just seems like I see a lot of people who really seem to revel in the bad aspects and want to find something to complain about.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there are a lot of people who go in to this place expecting or even HOPING to have bad experiences, so they can ***** about it. Just saying, I dunno. I mean, it's a long day, it's a big expo, and it can be painful, my feet, legs and hips were sore after walking on that concrete for 2 days.

But dang... how freaking lucky are we to have such an amazing show right here in our own back yard twice a year? In OKLAHOMA??? What the hell ELSE do we have in Oklahoma that is considered 'world class' and brings in people from all over the country and the world to shop? If it were in Dallas or Atlanta or Chicago, we would all be *****ing that they cater to the big cities and ignore us here in 'flyover country'. I hear the *****ing and moaning year after year, but very few people praising the show for being such a great opportunity to see so many rarities and experience it all in one place.

I dunno, it just seems like I see a lot of people who really seem to revel in the bad aspects and want to find something to complain about.
Well said brother

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive 180 miles once a year to go to this show.It is well worth it to me.I met a guy that lived in South Africa that scheduled his vacation to come to the wanenmacher every 2 years.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

But dang... how freaking lucky are we to have such an amazing show right here in our own back yard twice a year? In OKLAHOMA??? What the hell ELSE do we have in Oklahoma that is considered 'world class' and brings in people from all over the country and the world to shop? If it were in Dallas or Atlanta or Chicago, we would all be *****ing that they cater to the big cities and ignore us here in 'flyover country'. I hear the *****ing and moaning year after year, but very few people praising the show for being such a great opportunity to see so many rarities and experience it all in one place.

Well said. I go (when I go) to search for high-end .22 rimfire rifles. I'll see more of what I'm looking for there than at any 30 or 40 local gun shows put together, and then some. Wanenmacher's is a world-class show and I am glad that it is in our backyard.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me, that is what gun shows are good for, finding almost anything in one place that you'd have to search a LOT of places to find, usually. If you know what you want, a gun show (ESPECIALLY wananmacher's) is a great place to look.

Finding bargains is not necessarily a given. There probably will be some, but most likely you'll pay about what you would anywhere else, unless you find an individual who happens to be selling something you want.

I did get a good deal on a revolver at one a few years ago, it was best I remember almost $100 less than the gun stores had it. That can happen, but not every time, and not really the best reason to go.

In any case... I love gun shows, and wananmachers is as good as it gets. You can find a bargain there, but those are the exception, not the rule. It's also a great place to get components for reloading, you can find anything and might save a couple of dollars. It's also a good place if you're looking to sell or trade something, as long as your expectations are reasonable for what you want out of it.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and let's not forget those four Babes who were selling Bikini/Gun posters,,,
Buxom simply doesn't say enough to describe them,,,
They had all the old dogs howling.

I can't blame them,,,
If I were a stone cold fox,,,
I would use those attributes as well.

My Pop always said he was glad I was born a boy,,,
Otherwise there would be a prostitute in the family.

I always countered with,,,
"Maybe, but not a cheap one."

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom