Wait a minute...I don’t need a license on my own land???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Jared and Dennishoddy. Now, since I have the Senior License, do I need to go to someplace (ODW) and get my individual "Deer License" ahead of time to then put my "Deer Tag" on it after I harvest? Different sequence from my property vs corps land?

I should most likely add, my house is on 10 acres out in the country. My lake house a short distance has 200 or so acres of "Community Property" that is technically "mine" also. I am backed up to a lot of Corps land and have "Offical" Corps hunting land close. Lots of deer in my area, too many in my opinion. Deer trying to nest in my yard during hunting season makes my dogs wild. haha, might need to sit on my front porch with my .45 and get into deer hunting. I have a BAR .270 also if needed.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Jared and Dennishoddy. Now, since I have the Senior License, do I need to go to someplace (ODW) and get my individual "Deer License" ahead of time to then put my "Deer Tag" on it after I harvest? Different sequence from my property vs corps land?

I should most likely add, my house is on 10 acres out in the country. My lake house a short distance has 200 or so acres of "Community Property" that is technically "mine" also. I am backed up to a lot of Corps land and have "Offical" Corps hunting land close. Lots of deer in my area, too many in my opinion. Deer trying to nest in my yard during hunting season makes my dogs wild. haha, might need to sit on my front porch with my .45 and get into deer hunting. I have a BAR .270 also if needed.
You already have the hunting license so the land that is "technically yours" is good to go. Otherwise not. You have to be the physical owner of the property, not a member of a community.
You can go online to the wildlifedepartment.com, then go to the E-check link. Once there you have to register. You will be given a unique hunter number that will stay with you forever. Using that same link you can check in your deer.
On a mobile device, go to the app store on Iphone and download the GoOutdoorsOk app. You can register there as well.
Once you get your number, it's super easy to check in your deer, turkey, or whatever needs to be checked in. ]
If you still have questions, don't be hesitant to ask.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to purchase a deer/turkey tag from the ODW be it on your land or on other lands private or public. You do not need a hunting license on land owned or leased by you for agricultural purposes. If you lease land for hunting purposes you must buy a tag and have a license.
What your seeing is harvest tags that must be attached to the animal before it is removed from the field or location it was killed in which is an additional requirement to the purchased tag. You have to write your name, license number, date and time of kill, and I include my address although I'm not sure the address is required but want all bases covered.
Edit: Opps! I see this has already been answered.
His lifetime license exempts him from buying the deer licenses AKA tags.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Like Jared said, your lifetime senior citizen hunting and fishing license exempts you from buying deer licenses. You do however need to write your name, hunting license number, date and time of kill on anything (duct tape works well) and attach it to the deer carcass someway.
Wrap the duct tape around a leg. Ziptie a luggage tag on an antler or ear. Some folks have a dog tag made for this and write the date and time on it with a marker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom