1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Wait a minute...I don’t need a license on my own land???

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Grendelshooter, Nov 17, 2019.

1. p238shooter

p238shooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Thanks Jared and Dennishoddy. Now, since I have the Senior License, do I need to go to someplace (ODW) and get my individual "Deer License" ahead of time to then put my "Deer Tag" on it after I harvest? Different sequence from my property vs corps land?

I should most likely add, my house is on 10 acres out in the country. My lake house a short distance has 200 or so acres of "Community Property" that is technically "mine" also. I am backed up to a lot of Corps land and have "Offical" Corps hunting land close. Lots of deer in my area, too many in my opinion. Deer trying to nest in my yard during hunting season makes my dogs wild. haha, might need to sit on my front porch with my .45 and get into deer hunting. I have a BAR .270 also if needed.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You already have the hunting license so the land that is "technically yours" is good to go. Otherwise not. You have to be the physical owner of the property, not a member of a community.
    You can go online to the wildlifedepartment.com, then go to the E-check link. Once there you have to register. You will be given a unique hunter number that will stay with you forever. Using that same link you can check in your deer.
    On a mobile device, go to the app store on Iphone and download the GoOutdoorsOk app. You can register there as well.
    Once you get your number, it's super easy to check in your deer, turkey, or whatever needs to be checked in. ]
    If you still have questions, don't be hesitant to ask.

3. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    His lifetime license exempts him from buying the deer licenses AKA tags.

4. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Like Jared said, your lifetime senior citizen hunting and fishing license exempts you from buying deer licenses. You do however need to write your name, hunting license number, date and time of kill on anything (duct tape works well) and attach it to the deer carcass someway.
    Wrap the duct tape around a leg. Ziptie a luggage tag on an antler or ear. Some folks have a dog tag made for this and write the date and time on it with a marker.

dennishoddy likes this.
  5. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Missed that part. Thanks for the catch.

Oklahomabassin likes this.