Waited around, need to submit my paperwork now for ok sda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like a goober, I took the SDA class 5 or 6 years ago but never filled out the paperwork to get it processed. Does anyone have a quick guide on submitting everything to get my license? I know I have to get passport photos, do I have to go downtown Tulsa to get fingerprinted (which makes me feel like a criminal).

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here you go

Like a goober, I took the SDA class 5 or 6 years ago but never filled out the paperwork to get it processed. Does anyone have a quick guide on submitting everything to get my license? I know I have to get passport photos, do I have to go downtown Tulsa to get fingerprinted (which makes me feel like a criminal).

Start calling your State Rep & Senator now (or the candidates for those offices) and get the entire process put out of business. Two words: Constitutional Carry.

homebrewer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I just filled it out.

One of the main reasons I never applied was the fingerprint issue and invasion of privacy that the process was. While that is perhaps being paranoid, after having to get my driver's license renewed, I had to be fingerprinted then! So, its a moot point now, since they already have me on file anyways.

I've already contacted my state rep and senator about constitutional carry in the past, they never responded. I sent an email though, a call would be better no doubt.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turnaround times were pretty good earlier this year. There will, I have no doubt, be some kind of a rush with this change.

Keep after them. Call and write weekly if that's what it takes.

Why did they fingerprint you for a driver's license? Was it a CDL with special endorsements of some kind?

Good luck.

zirrow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, does anyone happen to know what the turnaround time is now? I suspect it will be the full 90 days, with a bunch of people like myself rushing to get their forms in.

I submitted mine to the local sheriff's office on 6/3/14 and had my ID in-hand on 7/10/14 - from what I gather this isn't typical, but hopefully it's a sign things are picking up over at OSBI.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turnaround times were pretty good earlier this year. There will, I have no doubt, be some kind of a rush with this change.

Keep after them. Call and write weekly if that's what it takes.

Why did they fingerprint you for a driver's license? Was it a CDL with special endorsements of some kind?

Good luck.
They take on print for the new licence these days.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I submitted mine to the local sheriff's office on 6/3/14 and had my ID in-hand on 7/10/14 - from what I gather this isn't typical, but hopefully it's a sign things are picking up over at OSBI.

That's pretty fast! It has a lot to do with the Sheriff's Office, too, and how much they have it together.

They take on print for the new licence these days.

Interesting.

zirrow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty fast! It has a lot to do with the Sheriff's Office, too, and how much they have it together.

Interesting.

OSBI processed payment on 6/10, so it was only at the sheriff's office for a couple of days. I think the sheriff has 25 days and OSBI has 90, but from what I've heard, that gets ignored quite often.

Latest posts

Top Bottom