Waited around, need to submit my paperwork now for ok sda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you go to the SO. The website should have had you print a summary sheet of your application when you were FINISHED online. Take that, your photos, your certificate, and your funds to the SO. They'll fingerprint you and send everything to the OSBI Licensing Unit.

THIS

zirrow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You Should have done fingerprints and given your cert to County Sheriff....who Then will send it off

I've never done the online application, but isn't there a copy of the application that you have to print off and take in as well? It's my understanding that you don't actually apply online, you just use an online form to generate a completed application, that is then printed and submitted the same way as if you had filled it out by hand. Can someone confirm this, please.

@homebrewer:
If the above is the case, I don't think your wait time has even started.

ETA: oops, looks like I jumped the gun. Thanks twoguns? I hadn't flipped to page 3 before responding :P

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm worried I forgot to do something.

The payment processed immediately, I paid by credit card. So I won't hear from them until I have to go do the fingerprints and turn in my class certificate?
Yep you did it wrong. Print off application, take it to the SO with your 2 photos and get printed. Turn it all in there.

homebrewer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks, this is why it pays to read the instructions twice :cry11:

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to take care of all of this when you go to the tulsa county sheriffs office? I would like to go on my lunch break, but doubt I'll have enough time.

Also, I looked at the PDF form, the picture I uploaded was stretched horizontally a bit during the upload I guess. Will they still accept the application?

zirrow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took me about 15 minutes, but that was at the Jackson County Sheriff's office. There were 3 people waiting when I finished up though, so they may have had a wait. They also only do fingerprinting after 7PM, and if they're booking someone, it takes precedence. Might be worth giving them a call to see what they have to say.

No idea on the picture.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a link to the Tulsa County Sheriffs website where it talks about getting your handgun license: http://www.tcso.org/tcsoweb/ConcealedWeapon.aspx

I didn't see any time restrictions about having finger prints done, so the time that zirrow mentioned may only apply to Jackson County. Still wouldn't hurt to call and ask them about it before going over and finding out you wasted your time.

zirrow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, sorry - I didn't mean to imply it was a state-wide time restriction. It is definitely a local policy. They said they did it to make things easier & safer for everyone due to them moving the prisoners around during the day. Their fingerprinting station is the center of the room, with cells along the perimeter, so you're right in the middle of everything while getting printed. Tulsa is a completely different scale, so I would think they would have something a bit more streamlined. I just meant they sometimes have weird restrictions and schedules, so it would be prudent to check before blowing a lunch break, only to find out it's just not gonna happen in your window of time.

homebrewer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I went to the sherriffs office at lunch today and gave them my training certificate, summary sheet, and credit card for fingerprints. I asked them if the stretched photo would be a problem, they said no. So I got fingerprinted, and now the wait is on I suppose.... Unless I forgot something again!

Latest posts

Top Bottom