Waiting for The Blizzard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend who moved from Denver to Phoenix, and he said every time it got down to 60 degrees in Phoenix, everyone broke out heavy coats. Like parka weight coats. He said it took a couple of years for them to get used to much hotter weather, but eventually they got to where 60 degrees felt pretty cold. I guess it's whatever you're used to...
There was a video on YouTube a few years ago that was a compilation of Los Angeles newscasters going on about how it was "literally freezing" (a repeated direct quote).

It was getting down into the 50s...

giphy.gif

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a video on YouTube a few years ago that was a compilation of Los Angeles newscasters going on about how it was "literally freezing" (a repeated direct quote).

It was getting down into the 50s...

giphy.gif
My aunt always says that too, Augusta, GA. Sad when you have to correct a lawyer. No, 50’s isn’t freezing, in C or F.

For the record, temps in 90s and humidity in the high 90s IS boiling you alive. They don’t get that either :anyone:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That one's not entirely on Uncle Sugar; a lot of that is on the ambulance chasers who drove Blitz manufacturing into bankruptcy because their clients were unbelievably stupid.
I thought those we cans were in tests and I was failed. I finally got mad and used a hand siphon pump to get gas out the the stupid thing.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The breakfast dishes are clean, the house is dusted and vacuumed, the laundry is done. Have enough leftovers for dinner. Time to binge watch something.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked in Jamaica for a while and it got down to like 72 degrees once and a few of the women there broke out heavy wool scarves,gloves and coats. Its hilarious there watching them.

That Jamaican bobsled movie is real

Latest posts

Top Bottom