Wal Mart done it again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago, I went into our Wally World and bought a 12-pack of beer. That's all. As I was headed out the door, I wadded the receipt up and tossed it in a trash can. THEN, a young lady walked up and asked to see my receipt. As I pointed at the trash can, I told her, 'It's in there if you want to look for it.' She decided she didn't really need to see it. I'm pretty sure she actually watched me toss it in the can.

How rude, such a snowflake :rotflmao:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The “nazi” is certainly not a manager, free to determine which duty to perform. They likely are not in a position to observe registers, and in this case, “no” is most certainly intended to be a put-down to an employee only doing what they have been told are the requirements of their position. When given a choice, being polite and helping someone do their job, is always the right choice.

We like to complain about store employees that are not doing their jobs, and then follow it up by telling how superior we are to the employee at the door trying to do their job.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
#1 - Wal Mart pays over minimum wage.

#2 - If they'd been attentive, they'd know I paid for my stuff.

#3 - saying "no" isn't impolite.

Exactly - WM is generally paying everyone $11/hr or more. This is $3+ over minimum wage. My mom works there - she makes $13 and does a totally unskilled job - she was one of the people counting people coming and going, and then was in the room where they check temps of employees as they check in, and now she's doing "maintenance", which means cleaning crew.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked at a Walmart back in the day and I was taught how to use the pager. I've been known to pick up the phone (years later as a customer) and page someone to sporting goods. :)
If you could enlighten us all then we would know the secret and the minions could do our bidding as they are supposed to do.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Wait, your Walmart has guns? Lucky guy. The took the scary things that make bang noises out of the danforth and Santa Fe store in Edmond. Actually, I heard it was underperforming in the gun sales area. That I can believe. Never saw that many being sold buuuut, sounds like the way to reach that mark is to not have anyone that can sell them.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wal Mart in Ardmore lost a sale today. I had to go find someone to help me at the gun counter. I was going to buy a savage 110 hunter in 308. Had a crossfire mounted and bore sighted already on it. I ask if I could look at it and he says "you can look at it but you cant buy it. We dont have anyone qualified to sell guns". So i thought ok well I can come back tomorrow or something. I asked if I could have the bolt to put in it and work the action and he says "well its somewhere in the back in a box it would take me forever to find it and we are short handed." Then goes on to tell me how that rifle is way over priced ($526) and that i should shop somewhere else. I am beyond perturbed at this point so I leave and am confident I will never gun shop at Wal Mart again.

The kid may have been lazy but it's the lazy American public that created what wal mart is today.. We stopped shopping wal mart likely 10 years ago, we do our best to avoid big box stores.. We are guilty of using amazon though..
I like nothing better than shopping lil outfits but the virus and big box has driven them into near extinction..

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will state the obvious here, what everyone knows already. The day Sam Walton died, Walmart began a slow, but steady decline in not only their products, but more so their customer service. I have, and will continue to say, Sam would roll over in his grave if he saw the chain business he worked so hard building.

It’s a good thing for his heirs that he had them so well established, so ingrained into the public as a goto, household name for anything we needed, before he passed away. Sure, the heirs did give Walmart a resurgence by adding a grocery section to their arsenal, but they were always first and foremost, a department store, to get everything from household items, outdoor, electronics, sporting goods, and all things in between. It’s sad that someone hasn’t come in and driven them out of business, or at least someone in the powers-that-be inside Walmart itself hasn’t come in and cleaned house. I keep holding out hopes that one of these things happen, but sadly I don’t see anything ever changing.

With the work ethics and respect for your fellow man of the country, with millennials and younger, it’s only going to get worse. Before hurting feelings, I’m not including all people from 45 down! There are some with whom their upbringing took, I can happily say, my kids work every bit as hard as we did, have ambitions, as well as being highly praised by their employers, etc., however as to their respect level I am convinced the latter, is an across-the-board, cultural thing that is learned and lived in the school systems. Social Media is the biggest problem, also reality TV, as well as what is on the news daily, protesting/rioting, especially pro athlete’s actions with the Anthem kneeling in particular, even the way younger actors carry themselves on and off screen, all these things and much more have been a big reason for the decline in society for sure.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before Amazon, WM pretty much set the price on goods bought and sold worldwide. Ever been to Rogers Bentonville? The place is lousy with hotels keeping future WM hopefuls sheltered until WM makes up their collective minds as to whether or not your product is good enough and you have the $$ to produce in trainload, notice I didn't say boxcar, trainload quantities to distribute throughout the US.
Targay and KFart were on the horizon but third world players. I remember Trade Mart in Enid was a few years before WM. AMC in OKC on 10th was another pre WM store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom