Wal Mart done it again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know when I worked at the gun counter at Cabela's I had to have a stricter background check than say some one in camping. I was cleared to work in any department. But a regular employee could not help out at the gun counter except for things like scopes.

Exactly. I am not a fan of Walmart either and only shop there when needed. If I can not get something local for close to the same price and can not get it online, I shop Walmart. At times I have to get insulin there because they are cheaper than anyone else by a long shot. Also because of Oklahoma law I can not order my pen needles or syringes online and Walmart is far cheaper than anyone else for the same brands.

That said I do not buy guns at Walmart, or most clothes, groceries, etc.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. I am not a fan of Walmart either and only shop there when needed. If I can not get something local for close to the same price and can not get it online, I shop Walmart. At times I have to get insulin there because they are cheaper than anyone else by a long shot. Also because of Oklahoma law I can not order my pen needles or syringes online and Walmart is far cheaper than anyone else for the same brands.

That said I do not buy guns at Walmart, or most clothes, groceries, etc.
I have used an insulin pump for the last 4-5 years, but ordered pens and syringes from an online pharmacy (OptumRX) for years before that? I ordered some pen needles I think from them just a couple of years ago as a backup, if the pump goes down for a day or two.... what I always thought was weird in a way (although I kind of understand it) is that unless it's changed, you can buy all the insulin you want without a prescription, but need a prescription for the syringes.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I've got a Crest Foods down the street from me now it will be a very rare situation that finds me in a Wal-Mart. No receipt Nazis either..

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used an insulin pump for the last 4-5 years, but ordered pens and syringes from an online pharmacy (OptumRX) for years before that? I ordered some pen needles I think from them just a couple of years ago as a backup, if the pump goes down for a day or two.... what I always thought was weird in a way (although I kind of understand it) is that unless it's changed, you can buy all the insulin you want without a prescription, but need a prescription for the syringes.

I tried to order some pen needles from Amazon about 6 months ago and they said not allowed to ship to Oklahoma. I deal with OptumRX and will have to look but so far I have not seen any listed.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I would assume it would have to be a pharmacy website. I'm certain OptumRX has them, have your doctor send them a prescription. As far as I remember, that's the only place I ever got them. Insurance covered mine that way, but would obviously depend on your insurance.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Receipt nazi? You do recognize that if Walmart did not creat that position, that individual would likely be drawing unemployment benefits. My life is never too complicated that letting them do their job is an inconvenience to me, or a reason to be rude.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For whatever reason, ALL of the other stores showed it at the regular $120-ish price, just this store had marked it down to $64. Weird.
Not really. Each Walmart has a certain amount of money set aside for local "store manager's" clearance items. I remember hearing about the negotiations over who gets the money for the month. The store you were at probably had too many of the Buckmasters or that one had sat in the case too long and they wanted to get rid of it. The store I used to work at had a collection of orphaned boxes of ammo that we just couldn't get rid of--the one that sticks out in my mind was a box of Speer Gold Dot in .40 S&W that was $29.97. My department manager tried to get those boxes clearanced every so often but the store manager refused to give us any of his clearance money for ammo. Needless to say, those boxes of ammo are long gone now--either clearanced as part of the great Walmart wokeness purge or bought up during the pandemic ammo panic of 2020.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then why were the guns out on display if nobody in the store was qualified to do a gun sale?

Sounds like the guy just didn't want to do any work.
Walmart guns are displayed all the time. The gun displays (either the ones behind the counter or the gun towers at some stores) have thick shatterproof glass and are alarmed during the non-operating hours of sporting goods. I remember that on Christmas Eve, there was a time after which we could not go behind the sporting good counter as a proximity alarm was activated and any movement within that area would set it off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom