Wal-Mart pulling all guns today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If memory serves some Wal-Mart stores used to sell pistols.
I can remember when our wally world sold handguns, dont remember the exact year but in the mid 70's. And every little mom & pop store carried ammo of some sort, can remember picking up pop bottles on the way to the store so i could get a couple of rounds of 22(yes you could buy 1 or 2 rounds or what you wanted back then) for 1 cent a round.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess you weren't old enough to go to Skaggs downtown with their barrels of milsurp rifles and tables of lugers and p38's. In the 60's
Nope wasn't even a glimmer in my pops eyes yet. He was in Service during early 60s. He worked at Redbud grocery store on Peoria I blieve when he was a kid through H.S till joining military. I will ask him about that Skaggs downtown next time I talk to him. I am sure he will remember it.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember our Gibson real well and will never forget it til the day i die and beyond, cause that was where i got caught stealing for the first time at around 8 yo. I had watched to many old movies and well i had plenty of turkey feathers laying around and seen them little tips to make quill pens with so i picked one up and put in my pocket to make a pen with when i got home, well lets just say after getting my hands beat with a ruler and my head slapped til i was crosseyed and my rearend beat so bad i couldnt sit for a week never picked anything up again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom