Walk A Mile In Her Shoes - Bartlesville, April 17th, 2021!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So some of you know what I'm talking about, some don't.

Walk a Mile In Her Shoes is an event we do (licensed through a national organization) to raise awareness for women who have been victims of rape and sexual assault. Men don red high heeled shoes and walk the streets of town for a mile (ok, well... a symbolic mile!) to bring attention to the problem and show support for women. Women also walk, but don't have to wear the red high heels.

I've done it several times, and here in Bartlesville, we do it to raise money for SAFE-NOW, our local nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides nurses and medical providers to do medical and forensic exams to victims, as well as community outreach and education.

The organization webpage is www.oksafenow.org

THE WALK IS APRIL 17TH!!!!

There is a link there to register or donate to the Walk. Or you can click here to go right to the general event signup page.

In addition, my office has our own team we are putting together. There are awards at the event for largest team, largest individual fundraiser and largest team fundraiser. I'd be happy to accept any donations you guys want to add to our TEAM or my PERSONAL fundraiser. Here are the appropriate links for those, if you would like to donate or if you want to REGISTER and come JOIN us for the walk! Even if you don't want to wear high heels, guys, we won't turn you away, I promise! Just don't tell my wife I said that! lol

My PERSONAL fundraiser page for the event.

My office's TEAM fundraiser and signup page for the event.

Donations are secure AND are tax deductible as SAFE-NOW is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, registered with the IRS and the Oklahoma Secretary of State and Attorney General's office.

Here are some of our videos from previous events. If you've got a few minutes, you should watch them, they're pretty funny, I think!

2018 promo video:

2019 followup promo video:

And here is a video of the actual event from 2018 - I can't find 2019's for some reason:

As you can see, we have some good turnout and great fun, although last year we were *CANCELLED* due to COVID, naturally. So everyone is looking forward to getting out and having some FUN for the first time in a year in a public event and raising awareness for victims of sexual assault and raise money for an organization and a worthy cause!

Thanks for anything you guys can do, we really appreciate it, and we'd love to see some of you come out and join us! Heck, I could set up an OSA TEAM if we want to get a few of us together out in public! We have men's high heel sizes up to 13!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just trying to think of the engineering required to make high heals I can even wear....

Here's a few options for you.....

upload_2021-3-23_14-23-9.png
upload_2021-3-23_14-23-25.png
upload_2021-3-23_14-23-41.png
upload_2021-3-23_14-24-41.png
upload_2021-3-23_14-25-42.png
upload_2021-3-23_14-27-6.png

upload_2021-3-23_14-29-50.png

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I know, it's for a good cause. We used to wonder where to get high heels in these sizes... and then I remembered there are drag queen stores... problem solved!

:D

I worked with a guy that moonlighted on the weekends as a 6'8 300+ lb drag queen. Apparently they make them with steel shanks and supports. Because, yes, that was the first and only question I asked, how are you not breaking those.

Latest posts

Top Bottom