Walked away from an Armslist deal yesterday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit the Armslist weirdos a long time ago. I would send email after email to sellers and never hear back from them.

Nowadays, the only people I deal with are a handful of members here on OSA, including you, Danny and a couple other guys. I know they are legit and trustworthy. :thumb:

And if'n I do decide to deal with someone outside of OSA that I don't know, I always try to show up in uniform. That kinda makes for a more "comfortable" transaction for the both of us. :police2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, showing up in uniform would freak some of these guys out.

I did have one ask me, "You isn't a cop or a nun is you?"

And yes, that is how he asked it. I told him no, but I didn't know why either of those should be a problem, he never replied again - this was after telling me he definitely wanted my Glock. lol

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never have, just like you, only 2 in all my life I can recall. Until starting this long range project, of course. This s*** is expensive!

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit the Armslist weirdos a long time ago. I would send email after email to sellers and never hear back from them.

Nowadays, the only people I deal with are a handful of members here on OSA, including you, Danny and a couple other guys. I know they are legit and trustworthy. :thumb:

And if'n I do decide to deal with someone outside of OSA that I don't know, I always try to show up in uniform. That kinda makes for a more "comfortable" transaction for the both of us. :police2:

Ha . . . I sold an upper to an Oklahoma County Deputy a year or so ago . . . we both showed up in uniform (I'm a PHS Commissioned Corps Officer) at Bass Pro and things went great. :)

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only had one dealing that I think you could consider somewhat of a nightmare. I bought a shotgun for a steal and drove 6 hours one way to get it. It was a $1400 shotgun for like $800 and it happened to be a weekend my wife and kids were out of town so I had some freedom to make the drive. Drove all that way there and back and the damn thing was LEFT HANDED! I didn't realize it from the pictures and the listing didn't mention it. Heck I didn't even realize it until I got it home. It was my first ever autoloader so the, what would now be immediate, realization of the awkwardness of operating the action didn't occur to me. I sold it locally to me for closer to what it was worth and then ended up buying what I wanted brand new.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow glad it all worked out for the best

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I don’t even mess with arms most anymore. It’s too much of a hassle. I have had numerous calls and text messages from people telling me they wanted my stuff. Then I never hear from them again. I just don’t get it. If a person doesn’t really want it then why the heck do they even say they do? Makes no sense.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hah! Armslist deals…
I met with a seller from armslist in February and after speaking with him for 30 seconds on the phone I knew all would be ok.
He laid the law down on me as to where, when and how this transaction was going to happen.
When we met up he took one look at me and said let’s do business!
It went well
I like to buy, sell and trade with OSA members.
I’ve met several in this thread and have never had a bad experience yet.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh....crazy stuff can happen here too. I got catfished here recently on OSA. Member reached out to buy one of my guns, I checked his profile, he was new but have two good reviews. I called the individual, talked to him on the phone, and an agreement was made for me to hold the gun for this guy for a week because it was easier on him. Next week came and went and the guy basically ghosted me. I reached out to him (who I thought it was anyways) here on OSA. He replied back that he was just being a nice guy and someone else had contacted him (whom he said they previously had an account here) and wanted to buy my gun. Nowhere in the process was I notified of this until whomever it was no-showed. I certainly wouldn't have held the gun for a week to say the least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom