Walked away from an Armslist deal yesterday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm lucky. I've only dealt with two Armslisters. I went to one (he had an established brick and mortar store and advertised on Armslist) and made an excellent transaction.

The other time was a very kind, retired gentleman who even knocked 25 bucks off his asking price, simply because I am an LEO, just got off work and met up with him while I was still in uniform.

I did have a couple of other guys who kinda gave me the runaround, but I kinda blame it on logistics and schedules. I mean, seems like with my work schedule (I work nights) I can only meet up early in the morning or late at night.

This is why I choose to only deal with established OSA members. They are so accomodating and easy to work with. And as we all know, I've made a gozillion transactions here at OSA for the last 15 years. Never a bad experience in that entire time.

:thanku:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to post a thread about this but I had a weird one yesterday off armslist. The guy called me from an OKC area code number. The last name that showed up on my caller I.D. was Whorton. Something like Kimberly or something. Anyways, guy calls me and is Asking questions. He wants the serial number off my gun so he can call McAlister PD so they can run the numbers through NCIC. I told him they aren't supposed to do that. We have had numerous LE on here say they cannot run serial numbers unless they have the gun in their hand. So I tell him I'm not comfortable giving a stranger the serial number of my gun over the phone. So I tell him is here I bought it and I don't think kings firearms would sell stolen guns. I said I have the invoice from when I bought it, so I marked out the price and my address and sent it to him. He didn't answer my texts so I called and he hung up on me. So I call back again and he answers, said he found a cheaper gun elsewhere. So I said okay and hung up. I did call McAlister P.D. and apparently they will run guns through NCIC for an individual.

Last edited:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I had one guy show up for a FTF, claiming to be a doctor, but he had tats all over, a goatee, and was wearing a do-rag and mirrored sunglasses. Gave me bad vibes, so I bailed.
Could have been the doctor from the Emergency Room scene in Idiocracy maybe. :anyone:
But seriously trust your gut when dealing with the public nowadays.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to post a thread about this but I had a weird one yesterday off armslist. The guy called me from an OKC area code number. The last name that showed up on my caller I.D. was Whorton. Something like Kimberly or something. Anyways, guy calls me and is Asking questions. He wants the serial number off my gun so he can call McAlister PD so they can run the numbers through NCIC. I told him they aren't supposed to do that. We have had numerous LE on here say they cannot run serial numbers unless they have the gun in their hand. So I tell him I'm not comfortable giving a stranger the serial number of my gun over the phone. So I tell him is here I bought it and I don't think kings firearms would sell stolen guns. I said I have the invoice from when I bought it, so I marked out the price and my address and sent it to him. He didn't answer my texts so I called and he hung up on me. So I call back again and he answers, said he found a cheaper gun elsewhere. So I said okay and hung up. I did call McAlister P.D. and apparently they will run guns through NCIC for an individual.

Yeah, when I get stuff like that, I usually just don't bother. I mean, I don't sell often, and when I did this last time, I was trying to raise money to build my new long distance shooter. But in general, I don't NEED to sell anything to anyone and if they want me to jump through too many hoops, I'm just over it - I tell 'em no thanks. I've had some get irate, some act all butthurt, but most just move on... I think alot just troll to see what kind of BS they can get out of people.

Could have been the doctor from the Emergency Room scene in Idiocracy maybe. :anyone:
But seriously trust your gut when dealing with the public nowadays.

:bolt:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh....crazy stuff can happen here too. I got catfished here recently on OSA. Member reached out to buy one of my guns, I checked his profile, he was new but have two good reviews. I called the individual, talked to him on the phone, and an agreement was made for me to hold the gun for this guy for a week because it was easier on him. Next week came and went and the guy basically ghosted me. I reached out to him (who I thought it was anyways) here on OSA. He replied back that he was just being a nice guy and someone else had contacted him (whom he said they previously had an account here) and wanted to buy my gun. Nowhere in the process was I notified of this until whomever it was no-showed. I certainly wouldn't have held the gun for a week to say the least.
That's bull...hope you gave him a bad trade rating. That helps us all as I'm sure you well know. JMO

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have experienced simular no shows in the past. Now you either come to me or look elsewhere. If that butt hurts them, well they are just butt hurt. Most people I deal with dont have a problem driving to me, they want it, its here. They know I give an honest description of what I have for sale. The lowball offers I just ignore.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have bought, sold and traded on Armslist; several times in the past. All went very smoothly.

There were a couple times that I got that red flag feeling during conversations, before meeting. When the red flag raised, all dealings ended immediately.

Since the stupid changes at Armslist, last Fall. I haven't been back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom