Walked away from an Armslist deal yesterday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to post a thread about this but I had a weird one yesterday off armslist. The guy called me from an OKC area code number. The last name that showed up on my caller I.D. was Whorton. Something like Kimberly or something. Anyways, guy calls me and is Asking questions. He wants the serial number off my gun so he can call McAlister PD so they can run the numbers through NCIC. I told him they aren't supposed to do that. We have had numerous LE on here say they cannot run serial numbers unless they have the gun in their hand. So I tell him I'm not comfortable giving a stranger the serial number of my gun over the phone. So I tell him is here I bought it and I don't think kings firearms would sell stolen guns. I said I have the invoice from when I bought it, so I marked out the price and my address and sent it to him. He didn't answer my texts so I called and he hung up on me. So I call back again and he answers, said he found a cheaper gun elsewhere. So I said okay and hung up. I did call McAlister P.D. and apparently they will run guns through NCIC for an individual.
Hmmm. Something must have changed. I asked my OHP Trooper next door neighbor once if he could run one for me and he said they couldn't, a Federal no no. It's been a fair number of years since so...

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had two guys call me from Armslist offering $200 extra if I was willing to deliver to them in South OKC. One was because "he couldn't afford a car."

Sometimes those types of deals can be avoided with a phone call. If you aren't willing to talk to me for 5 minutes on the phone to make a quick plan, I don't want to sell it to you anyways.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had two guys call me from Armslist offering $200 extra if I was willing to deliver to them in South OKC. One was because "he couldn't afford a car."

Sometimes those types of deals can be avoided with a phone call. If you aren't willing to talk to me for 5 minutes on the phone to make a quick plan, I don't want to sell it to you anyways.

But, but, but, but........that's how they'z was gonna get a car --- yours!!!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I had a guy want me to deliver to some neighborhood in OKC I was unfamiliar with, he sounded Hispanic, he said: Dee Siig. He didn't have a car, so he couldn't meet me in public. I got a weird vibe off that one, didn't sell to him.

Another guy wanted me to deliver to Ardmore, after he informed me he had a medical Marijuana card. He got blocked, already posted my story about that one.

I had a bad deal on armslist Tuesday. A millennial guy bought a Glock 22 off me earlier in the day. That's all good, well I told him I had another gun for sale, an FNS-40. Well, he made me an offer and I accepted. We meet back up and he looks at it and is happy, he hands me money and I hand him the case with the gun. We go our separate ways. Five minutes later he calls me and makes up some BS story about the magazine popping out, or not locking in, or some such BS. And as he is talking to me, I can feel the anger and frustration building, that he can't figure it out, much like a toddler that isint getting their way. He proceeded to tell me that he was buying it from me, to flip it for a profit of $115 to somebody else. WTF??? Well, I told him to take it to the gunsmith at 2A. He wasn't hearing that, he said I was trying to get one over on him, and that was all the money he had, and he has two kids and so on. He needed to sell it RIGHT NOW! After he started cursing at me I hung up and blocked him. Then he proceeded to call me on a restricted number. He left me a very colorful voice mail calling me a POS and that he called the police on me, and QT to get my tag number. Empty threats, I called catoosa police and talked to them, nobody called them. The officer I spoke to said he was full of Shi. Another shitbird to steer clear of. I think his last name is Swayze and he drives a white Hyundai, one of the ones that look like a jaguar. He is an armslist reseller. He has a tattoo of a feather of his left ring finger.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy want me to deliver to some neighborhood in OKC I was unfamiliar with, he sounded Hispanic, he said: Dee Siig. He didn't have a car, so he couldn't meet me in public. I got a weird vibe off that one, didn't sell to him.

Another guy wanted me to deliver to Ardmore, after he informed me he had a medical Marijuana card. He got blocked, already posted my story about that one.

I had a bad deal on armslist Tuesday. A millennial guy bought a Glock 22 off me earlier in the day. That's all good, well I told him I had another gun for sale, an FNS-40. Well, he made me an offer and I accepted. We meet back up and he looks at it and is happy, he hands me money and I hand him the case with the gun. We go our separate ways. Five minutes later he calls me and makes up some BS story about the magazine popping out, or not locking in, or some such BS. And as he is talking to me, I can feel the anger and frustration building, that he can't figure it out, much like a toddler that isint getting their way. He proceeded to tell me that he was buying it from me, to flip it for a profit of $115 to somebody else. WTF??? Well, I told him to take it to the gunsmith at 2A. He wasn't hearing that, he said I was trying to get one over on him, and that was all the money he had, and he has two kids and so on. He needed to sell it RIGHT NOW! After he started cursing at me I hung up and blocked him. Then he proceeded to call me on a restricted number. He left me a very colorful voice mail calling me a POS and that he called the police on me, and QT to get my tag number. Empty threats, I called catoosa police and talked to them, nobody called them. The officer I spoke to said he was full of Shi. Another shitbird to steer clear of. I think his last name is Swayze and he drives a white Hyundai, one of the ones that look like a jaguar. He is an armslist reseller. He has a tattoo of a feather of his left ring finger.

Douchenozzles everywhere.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He proceeded to tell me that he was buying it from me, to flip it for a profit of $115 to somebody else.
Well, the obvious (in hindsight) counter to that is, so you’re admitting to engaging in the business of buying and selling firearms without an FFL? I bet the ATF would be interested in hearing about that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom