Walkers vs. Crutches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked that those on Amazon today. I ain't paying $160 bucks for something so my poor ankle won't have any weight on it for a couple more weeks. I'll just scoot around on my ass if it comes to that. Sheesh. I used crutches when I was in high school and again in college. And again in my 30s. And 40s. I didn't find them to be that bad. And I never tripped over them. Or nearly tipped over on them like I have on this damned walker. Jeez Louise, this thing is dangerous if you aren't on level, dry concrete with it, and even then the bouncing makes my ankle hurt like I've been running on it. It's terrible.

Well if you are interested I have a spare power chair you can borrow instead. The only bad thing is that if you have any stairs it's a no go, and if you want to go out unless you have a pickup and a set of ramps or a small trailer it sucks to deal with but better than falling or tearing up something else.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if you are interested I have a spare power chair you can borrow instead. The only bad thing is that if you have any stairs it's a no go, and if you want to go out unless you have a pickup and a set of ramps or a small trailer it sucks to deal with but better than falling or tearing up something else.

Thanks but I'm good. I've moved everything schedule-wise around so all I have to do is sit here and pet the dogs and be waited on by Grumpy like the Queen I am. Until the crutches get here, anyway.:blush: I do appreciate the offer, though.:bighug:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember from my medic days, fit the crutches 4 inches from the side of the foot, thee fingers gap under the armpit and “hump on.” Search the internet to make sure and don’t count on anyone at a doctor’s office to fit them properly.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They both suck. When I broke my back, I had to learn to walk with a walker and then moved on to crutches later. If you use a walker, just make sure it is adjusted right. I have a brand new one that you can use, if you need. I just got it with my knee replacement. I used it for about 3 days and decided that I would just tough it out and cry while I walked. I skipped on the crutches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom