Walkers vs. Crutches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks @Biggsly I'm good. This stinking walker just SUCKS. I can't imagine a different one is gonna suck less. My crutches will be here Monday. I'm not supposed to be walking around anyway but damn ... a girl's gotta pee sometimes ... lol Hopefully when I go back Wednesday for them to take this damned cast off I can start PT and be on my merry way ... without a walker. Based on what I've read I'm probably gonna need the crutches for a few more weeks.

I never thought I'd see the day but I REALLY miss going to the gym every morning and am ready to get back with it.

Last edited:

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:ooh2: I'm afraid to ask how you managed that. Does the spot where your bone was broken ache when the weather is gonna turn off cold or rainy? (Like I get headaches when the fronts get active?)

Was jumping house boat waves on a Seadoo at Tenkiller and landed wrong. Right above the ankle on my left leg in 2 places.

Amazing I don't get those pains in cold weather. The knees kind of keep my mind off of that! lol

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was jumping house boat waves on a Seadoo at Tenkiller and landed wrong. Right above the ankle on my left leg in 2 places.

Amazing I don't get those pains in cold weather. The knees kind of keep my mind off of that! lol

Dang, dude!! I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was. I saw a guy get drug outta Overholser with a compound fracture several years ago. All I could think of was how nasty that water was and how big that piece of bone sticking up outta that gash in his calf looked. He was white as a sheet and semi-conscious, which was probably good for him, because that HAD to hurt.

I started having cramps in my calf and arch today, so, I tossed the walker and did some walking in the backyard. It was a little shaky but I needed to do it. Cramps are gone. Ankle is a little bit sore at the incision site but it's a good kinds sore, ya know? I sure hope he cuts this thing off me Wednesday and lets me start some PT. From everything I've read I can get back into the gym and get busy here in another month or so, as long as I don't push it too hard. I guess tendons and **** in your feet and ankles don't heal as quickly as other places because they don't have the blood flow other spots get. Interesting, huh?

Latest posts

Top Bottom