Wallets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you carry the same Wallet for many years?

Seeing @Glock 'em down ad for a Wallet for sale got me thinking about Wallets!

We recently sold a home and moved back to a home we keep in Choctaw America. In doing so we have been downsizing and minimizing! Cleaning out Gun Safes and such. I came upon a New Wallet that I had forgot about.

I bought two of these Wallets when I was 15 years old sitting in a Cafe having Lunch in SlaughterVille Ok, an older Gentleman came in selling Leather things he had made, I guess him then to be well over 70 yrs old. The Well Drilling crew I was with “Dad and a older Brother” all bought things from him and I needed a wallet so I bought two. We all bought just to help the man out. I had planned on giving the second one to one of my younger Brothers. Never did, they were always little **** heads.

Well I decided to carry the one with the Ducks Flying. Now 47 years later I still carry the same Wallet, never once lost it. It survives in my front right pocket “best there when you ride Horses and Bulls” as I was taught, through 47 years of Farming/Ranching, Water Well Drilling, Dozer/Heavy Equipment Work, Oilfield, Carpenter building homes, Off Road Racing and Fire Dept!

It has been wet, frozen and dirty as one could imagine! It stopped a chain saw, it kept a hot piece of slag from melting my leg and more that I don’t remember. As you can see it has shrunk somewhat, as they were Identical when new. I have carried chap stick w/rubber band to hold Chapstick all its life, as working outdoors my whole life you learn Chapstick is your friend!

Anyways a thought after seeing @Glock 'em down Wallet Ad. And finding lost **** when old and cleaning out! A 47 year old Wallet carries a lot of memories!

9182F353-AD76-4731-84C0-486C8CF035ED.jpegC811BCAA-E984-44B7-969C-8CEE5604016C.jpegB56DD201-6FC9-48D2-819A-62684FFA6480.jpeg

Last edited:

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never paid too dollar for a wallet, but owned many leather versions. Nothing that would last for more than a few years before the stitching would start coming apart. I've also had a lot of back problems, which carrying a fat blob in my back pocket didn't help! But I just can't stand to keep anything in my front pockets save for a knife clipped to the side, and a small multitool clipped in the opposite pocket. Nothing bigger than loose change or a lighter otherwise. About 4 years ago my last leather wallet came apart at the seams after only about a year, which really pissed me off....so I said **** it, and bought a $10 nylon trifold which doesn't hold very much....and never looked back. This one's still in fine shape with the Velcro holding strong, and on the occasion that I drop it, stuff doesn't go scattering out on the ground. It's also been wet many times and dries faster than my butt does.

I like leather, heck...I love leather. But things are made to do a job well, and this little ugly thing does exactly what I want.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 15 years is all they last, for me, most 10.
I just picked a new one. Mom had given me a wallet for Christmas, 15 years ago. It was made from eel. Super soft and flexible, but the stitching gave out.

I hate getting a new wallet and having to break it in.

I would have bought those 2. Looks like time to change them out.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never paid too dollar for a wallet, but owned many leather versions. Nothing that would last for more than a few years before the stitching would start coming apart. I've also had a lot of back problems, which carrying a fat blob in my back pocket didn't help! But I just can't stand to keep anything in my front pockets save for a knife clipped to the side, and a small multitool clipped in the opposite pocket. Nothing bigger than loose change or a lighter otherwise. About 4 years ago my last leather wallet came apart at the seams after only about a year, which really pissed me off....so I said **** it, and bought a $10 nylon trifold which doesn't hold very much....and never looked back. This one's still in fine shape with the Velcro holding strong, and on the occasion that I drop it, stuff doesn't go scattering out on the ground. It's also been wet many times and dries faster than my butt does.

I like leather, heck...I love leather. But things are made to do a job well, and this little ugly thing does exactly what I want.

Years ago I had to break out some Super Glue on the stitching. I have never worn tight britches and most overalls, so it has maybe more room and less wear and tear?

I was thinking the old man knew how to make em last, better leather and stitching back then? Who knows!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have one of those supposedly "elephant hide" wallets I bought in Thailand. I'm "sure" there must be an elephant in heaven mad at whoever made the wallet.
I've found though, that on a long trip something in a hip pocket affects the sciatic nerve I believe and it offers some relief to remove a wallet or sacred hankerchief.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda have a wallet addiction. I'm a big fan of the Herschel Charlie wallet which is a minimalist card holder. But recently, I've discovered the C.U.P. (compact utility pouch) by Zero Feud. It's a clamshell pouch, abot 3x4 inches in size, that holds all my cards and cash on one side and a small knife (SAK size) and AAA size flashlight on the other. On the outside of the pouch, there's an entire loop field on one side for patches and a slip pocket on the other. Loving it so far.
20221218_120152.jpg

20221218_120155.jpg

20221218_120213.jpg

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started carrying a Ridge “money clip” several years ago and can’t see myse ever going back to a conventional wallet.
Wallets
Same here. I bought the knockoff from Amazon but it's clearly a direct copy of a Ridge. Didn't know if I'd actually like it but for $14 it was worth trying. Love the thing...

@Mr.Glock I've carried leather Wallets for years but never got one to last like you have. My last one was an Italian leather tri-fold from Wal-Mart. Has to be north of 15 years and still looks nice but I just got sick of having a big honking lump in my pocket. DL, SDL and a card or two is all I want now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom