Wallets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you carry the same Wallet for many years?

Seeing @Glock 'em down ad for a Wallet for sale got me thinking about Wallets!

We recently sold a home and moved back to a home we keep in Choctaw America. In doing so we have been downsizing and minimizing! Cleaning out Gun Safes and such. I came upon a New Wallet that I had forgot about.

I bought two of these Wallets when I was 15 years old sitting in a Cafe having Lunch in SlaughterVille Ok, an older Gentleman came in selling Leather things he had made, I guess him then to be well over 70 yrs old. The Well Drilling crew I was with “Dad and a older Brother” all bought things from him and I needed a wallet so I bought two. We all bought just to help the man out. I had planned on giving the second one to one of my younger Brothers. Never did, they were always little **** heads.

Well I decided to carry the one with the Ducks Flying. Now 47 years later I still carry the same Wallet, never once lost it. It survives in my front right pocket “best there when you ride Horses and Bulls” as I was taught, through 47 years of Farming/Ranching, Water Well Drilling, Dozer/Heavy Equipment Work, Oilfield, Carpenter building homes, Off Road Racing and Fire Dept!

It has been wet, frozen and dirty as one could imagine! It stopped a chain saw, it kept a hot piece of slag from melting my leg and more that I don’t remember. As you can see it has shrunk somewhat, as they were Identical when new. I have carried chap stick w/rubber band to hold Chapstick all its life, as working outdoors my whole life you learn Chapstick is your friend!

Anyways a thought after seeing @Glock 'em down Wallet Ad. And finding lost **** when old and cleaning out! A 47 year old Wallet carries a lot of memories!

View attachment 330202View attachment 330203View attachment 330204
I can't claim 47 years but I've carried the same wallet for 23 years. Bought it at a small leather shop in Florence, Italy and it's been the best wallet I've ever owned.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have carried my wallet in the front pocket for over 25 years and never heard anything about nerve pain from back pocket wallets until the last few years.
Doing tree work or hunting and sitting on a limb or laying under a car on the ground fixing it made me change to front pocket.
And the fact I always pulled my wallet from my back pocket when I would drive my Nova.

Plastic racing seats will wear on you.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't claim 47 years but I've carried the same wallet for 23 years. Bought it at a small leather shop in Florence, Italy and it's been the best wallet I've ever owned.

This whole Wallet thing came about yesterday morning cause of @Glock 'em down had a ad for a wallet and I grabbed my wallet and was remembering how long I had it, the wife reminded me of many other wallets my children had bought for me over the years. Just a whimsical wallet saga that got me thinking if anyone else had used a wallet for a long time! LOL!

This old wallet has had some redneck maintenance. My wife who I got her when I 17 reminded me about the Super Glue Treatment. Several years ago she was in her crafting building doing whatever and I came in and grabbed a bottle of Super Glue, as a piece of stitching on my wallet let loose. I ended yo glue in all the stitches and the stitches holes! It is wore out for sure! 33BCD2FF-7BFF-44E6-9B06-6593AAB2897E.jpegF8984440-7989-4D0E-B884-7D3DAA4DF0C5.jpeg9A0D998B-6151-41CA-9BD5-7487A052F081.jpeg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yea and I have been bored off my ass. And confined to indoors and have another week. I worked my ass off getting two weeks worth of work done in 4 days of getting everything ready and sealed up for Old Man Winter! And last freaking day on the way from the shop to the house I fell over a concrete block and having to let back recoup! Lucky me, to at least get two weeks of work done in 4 days! Then got sore. And I was the dumbass for leaving the concrete block there, I had found it on the way back from the country.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m only 8 years into a leather wallet with engraving I bought in Mexico for $6. Didn’t figure it would last long bought two. The first one is doing fine.

Well, today, I put a cc back into the bottom pocket of the wallet and it stuck out the bottom.
Super Glue tomorrow.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 25 years ago, a chiropractor told me what most people thought was sciatica was really just a result of sitting on a wallet and having it press on the nerves. I moved mine to a front pocket and never looked back.
When I'm in some foreign countries I carry in my front pocket to avoid "loss." So far so good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom